• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Deep Soul Diver

Light box for dreary days of winter

Tanning beds have helped me more consistently than anything else, with my sleep, energy and mood. I do very short tans a few times a week and cover my face. (If you disagree with this therapy, I respectfully ask that you not reply). There is more than one dermatologist that has studied the...
  2. Deep Soul Diver

Small lifestyle changes that have helped me :)

This is so helpful. I just wanted to say thank you Nightingale. I really needed to read this today, and it's very important, and I'm so glad you are doing better. I am really disliking the limitations--shower, cooking, short walks around the perimeter of the house, art or writing, seeing a...
  3. Deep Soul Diver

Artificial sun (tanning beds), has anyone benefited?

I know there will always be people who say how dangerous tanning beds are, but I use one, and it absolutely helps give me a boost in energy. I have been really dragging for a couple of months (it's summer, and who wants to go to a tanning salon in the summer?) but I went today for a...
  4. Deep Soul Diver

Comment by 'Deep Soul Diver' in 'Good things & accomplishments & gratitudes & affirmations'

I really like this post Lior. Thank you for sharing so much positivity. I realize this was written last month, but I am grateful to find it today. It sounds like you have a pretty high level of functioning, or at least did at the time of this post. That's awesome.
  5. Deep Soul Diver

Comment by 'Deep Soul Diver' in 'Happy Poem'

This is indeed a beautiful poem. How wonderful that you got away on a Buddhist retreat. I used to spend a lot of time at a nearby Vipassana center. In my first year out of work with CFS, I took several classes there that met during the day. For whatever reason, in subsequent years I have not...
  6. Deep Soul Diver

Comment by 'Deep Soul Diver' in 'Setting up hopes for tomorrow'

Lior, thank you for this beautiful piece of writing. I completely relate to the pain of having been separated from work, friends, and adventures. I also love to draw, and going to a cafe to draw is a real treat, but not one I have had very much in the past year. It just seems easier to stay...
  7. Deep Soul Diver

Comment by 'Deep Soul Diver' in 'This is how I know he's a keeper...'

You are blessed indeed. Sorry for the dental stuff. I, too, have a loving partner. I am incredibly grateful for him. (And sometimes sad/sorry for the impact of my illness on him). Hope you are feeling better.