• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

What Happened in the early eighties?

I'd like to share my story because it reflects almost exactly what so many people w/CFSME have also shared. In appx. 1986, at age 20 I noticed i was starting to feel fatigued and sickly more often than before, and certainly more than my peers. I was working full time and going to school, and...
  2. J

What Happened in the early eighties?

YES! My pet theory is that HIV/AIDS took ALL the money, attention, etc that the govt/scientific/ medical worlds were willing to give at that time, which happened to be the 1980s. AIDS scared the general population spitless--can you imagine what kind of panic would have taken hold if there had...
  3. J

Article: In the Dragon's Jaws: How To Be Sick - A Buddhist Guide to CFS by Toni Bernhardt #1

Thanks Cort! I've been lurking around awhile, I have CFS, and I just wanted to say thanks to you for all your posts! They are almost always helpful to me and I realized that I don't think I've ever said that to you. Today I got to thinking about how much encouragement I would need to write...
  4. J

How can I post a Forum?

Or is this reserved for the Big Daddies?:winking: I do really love this site & I feel like I've learned as much here as anywhere else, and 2x as fast (which is still very slow for me) and it's great to read the opposing views so I don't feel like I'm being fed a bunch of #@%&!!!
  5. J

Hi From TX-Q.about CFS & Hep C

6. J

jaariel

7. J

Azithromycin & Mycoplasma

[COMMENT][COMMENT]
  8. J

Peter White/Barts - comments on draft NICE guidelines - insight into their views

what century are we living in? The middle ages? This a a travesty of unparallelled proportions!!!
  9. J

Peter White/Barts - comments on draft NICE guidelines - insight into their views

It's Just like I've been telling my husband for years: we're branded "The Lazy Crazies" by the medical profession!
  10. J

Article: A XMAS VIDEO

I'm brand new to this site, and profoundly grateful to have found it! And this video is Fantastic!!!