• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

News from WPI symposium: Name change to be proposed for XMRV

How about HG-RAD - sounds like a radical Hi-definition format!
  2. C

Comment by 'capemark' in 'Possible overview for XMRV viral mechanism'

George, This is fascinating. I've never heard of viruses combining with other viruses as a defense strategy before! Kind of scary. Wow, this is complex! (I guess its just our little contribution to science.) Thanks for this informative entry. Mark Elliott
  3. C

I Contacted CDC re False Info on XMRV Site

Great work! I was unaware that Reeves had pulled this sneaky little trick! I guess this paper is his parting shot before being forced into another line of work (hopefully where he can't do as much harm!) Keep us informed of their reply! Mark Elliott
  4. C

AIDS Study Finds No XMRV

Defective RNase L enzyme in both some Prostate Cancer cells and in some CFS patients To Tania in Australia, You're thinking of the defective, low molecular weight (37 kd) enzyme RNase L found in both CFS patients and in some prostate cancer cells (although I don't know if the enzyme was...