• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Themos Kalafatis

Using Data Analysis to Study ME/CFS and Long Covid

@Consul Thank you for your supportive comment. As discussed, I am currently in the process of enriching the dataset. The work that a Machine Learning algorithm has to do becomes much easier when the input data are enriched in particular ways, it enables us to analyze data from different...
  2. Themos Kalafatis

Thank you @Martin aka paused||M.E. , i will PM you very soon
  3. Themos Kalafatis

Dear All, cc @Pyrrhus @Learner1 @Martin aka paused||M.E. @SlamDancin As a patient and now a researcher, I am grateful to be a recipient of the 2021 Stupski Awards from SolveCFS. I will be giving an interview to Leslie Phillips on Friday , January 21st at 10:00am PT regarding the analysis i...
  4. Themos Kalafatis

Questionnaire for EUROMENE Presentation

Dear PR Forum Members, I am an independent Researcher and i've been using for the past 5 years advanced analytical techniques (Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Network Analysis) to identify the origin of ME/CFS and several other syndromes such as Post-Finasteride Syndrome...
  5. Themos Kalafatis

ME/CFS Research using Machine Learning - EUROMENE Network Presentation

@wigglethemouse Thank you. One interesting question is whether ME/CFS patients have increased prevalence of NAFLD/NASH vs Controls.
  6. Themos Kalafatis

Two new papers suggest the importance of Gut, Bile Acids and Liver function to Psoriasis and Alzheimer's Disease : Link : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29908580 and https://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/new-findings-link-activity-gut-liver-alzheimers-risk/
  7. Themos Kalafatis

Here is a new post that discusses the possible connection of the Gut Microbiome, Bile Acid Metabolism and Liver pathology. Note that Oxidative Stress and Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress (Topics that have been also previously been identified) are being mentioned. I also discuss why Butyric acid may...
  8. Themos Kalafatis

@ljimbo423 I cannot attribute as a cause of ME/CFS either the Liver or the Gut at this point. However the fact is that Bile Acid Metabolism affects the Gut Microbiome. This means that if we have impaired Bile acid metabolism, Gut Dysbiosis most likely occurs, which means that if any event...
  9. Themos Kalafatis

No treatments will be suggested at this stage. The hypothesis suggests that we have an interplay between the Liver and the Gut that may be setting the stage for ME/CFS and several other syndromes as well. Therefore, my goal would be to turn Researcher's attention to the Liver apart from the Gut...
  10. Themos Kalafatis

CC : @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) , @Hip , @Learner1 , @FMMM1 ,@Frenchguy, @JaimeS Dear All, As i now have a confirmation from Professor Murovska (Chair of EUROMENE Network), i will be presenting my 5-year Research on ME/CFS and several other syndromes such as Post-Finasteride Syndrome...
  11. Themos Kalafatis

T-Cell Sex diferences in IFN-γ and IL-17A Production

First of all I hope you are feeling better @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) I also CC @Hip and @JaimeS Ron and Mark Davis may find this interesting (the paper also talks about T-Cell expansion) : and also As a reminder, Peroxisome Proliferators (PPARs) have been selected through Machine Learning...
  12. Themos Kalafatis

Fibroscan Results

@anni66 It is very unfortunate that the NHS does not provide Fibroscan tests unless there are abnormal Blood Liver tests. Scientists do know that there can be Liver Disease while at the same time Liver enzymes appear to be completely normal : https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jdr/2012/145754/...
  13. Themos Kalafatis

Fibroscan Results

Dear All, I received just yesterday yet another Fibroscan test from an ME/CFS patient having the syndrome for about 25 years. The Fibroscan shows extensive Liver Fibrosis. There will be more Fibroscans coming in as i asked from members of a Fibromyalgia FaceBook group in Greece to take a...
  14. Themos Kalafatis

Dr. Ronald W. Davis Answers Patient Questions: Q and A follow-up to 2/21/17 Research Update

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) Could you ask Dr Davis if a Fibroscan is included among the list of tests performed to CFS/ME Patients? This test is a non-invasive way for checking Liver Fibrosis. I searched Phoenix Rising to find any comment mentioning someone ever performing a Fibroscan to check for...