• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Cocaine

Hello, So has someone here with CFS actually tried cocaine? No one? So why do you keep talking? I have CFS, I'm gonna give it a try to see what it does to me. I used to take cocaine many many years ago and then I stopped. I'll let you know.
  2. J

Mikowitz accused of manipulating XMRV paper

********** Moderator: Text removed.
  3. J

Pulsating vein under the eye

You have to be able to listen to your body and identify when something is not as usual. If you dont spot it and keep going, you gonna end up pushing and finally crashing.Yes, I'm worried about the twitching because it should not be here. I listen to what I'm body is telling me because I dont...
  4. J

Hi, I live in France. I'm not recovered yet but I'm on my way. I work full time and I have some bad days. I exercise 3 times a week. (20min run, cycle or rowing + core exercise + stretching). Before going back to work I exercised 5 times a week, I ran 40 min x 5times a week. I had to reduce...
  5. J

Guys I found out what stopped it!! I tried Neurological Health formula by holistic health and the problem stopped right away!! The next day this was gone!! It's a mix of vitamin with a lot of b12. I think it might be the b12 that made the difference. It's just a guess, maybe it's something else...
  6. J

Shaving

glenp, that's a crazy story that you had! I'll pay attention to those kinds of thing :) Thx!!
  7. J

Shaving

Hello, I found out what the problem was. It's Aloe Vera that I was intolerant to when shaving! It's hell because it's everywhere in shaving products. From the little blue/white strip on the razor to the foam. It's tough to find a razor without aloe vera on it nowadays! Either they are bad...
  8. J

Comment by 'Jeffy14' in 'Microwave Ovens and Your Health'

Microwave were not invented by the Nazis.....
  9. J

Thank you for your answer Francelle! Sorry to hear about yout twitches! Mines look like nothing comprared to yours :(
  10. J

Hello and thanks for your answer. Yes it's seems the best thing to do :) I'll try those techniques. It's an annoying little things. It's just as you described it from your former boss lol
  11. J

Professor Kenny de Meirleir lecturing in Melbourne Australia end of July

I apologies for my rudeness. This is discussion is going too far. Sorry for the people I offended :)
  12. J

Wow I might go to jail :) I'm saying illegal stuff... Lol You know freedom of speech? It allows you to say whatever you want (even if it's stupid). Ah America is a beautiful country. But maybe you live in a dictatorian country where you dont have such rights? poor you :( MOD: Freedom of...
  13. J

Damn you can write english but it seems you cant read =) I said I'm not judging him, I am just reporting what I read.... I also did not say he did nothing for CFS. I said on the contrary he did a lot. But still he can be an *** cant he? or he can have misstreated some patients? Damn, it looks...
  14. J

You personnaly know them and confirm? LOL . How can I know you are not lying either....
  15. J

How do I know the people here are relaly his patients? I dont. They could be people anyone... People just wanted to be annoying. People lying. People hired to make him good publicity? Himself making some propaganda. Damn, why do you make such ridiculous comments?
  16. J

English is not my native language. Besides, I'm not judging him. I'm just reporting what I read because I dont want him to hurt other peoples. If you did not have any problem with him, then that's fine. It means you are not concerned by my message. Some people got hurt by this guy. I'm not...
  17. J

I read many such statements. From his office in Bruxel. Most of the statements I read were in French. There are a lot of them... strangely too many.
  18. J

Hello everyone, I have CFS but I'm on my way to recovery. I'm almost back to normal. I run 5 days a week for 40min + stretching. I feel great, I can go out, see friends etc... However, there is something weird. Whenever I'm a little more tired than usual, I'll get a pulsating vein under my...
  19. J

List your 3 favorite supplements

I tried many I tried many all at once and could not really tell which one was working. Then I stopped and tried them separately and I'm pretty sure Acetyl-L-Carnitine is very effective. So: 1) Acetyl-L-Carnitine for energy and clear of mind 2) D ribose 3) Vitamin B12/B complex What does...
  20. J

New Article about CFS in the WSJ

Hi, Sorry about that Urban. My tittle was more clear though :) You are welcome ResingInHim. I knew about it because I just read the WSJ on a daily basis :)
  21. J

New Article about CFS in the WSJ

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704005404576176823580854478.html?mod=WSJEUROPE_hpp_RIGHTTopCarousel_1
  22. J

Shaving

Hello, Little update here. I tried to shave without any products (no foam, no after shave) and the bad feeling did not come!! It was all chemical. I even tried good brands but same thing. Shaving without anything is totally bearable. It's crazy that I got that. I know it started with CFS. I got...
  23. J

Adrenaline surges?

Hello, Thanks for your answer. I bought 5htp and Gabba to try it out when I'm wired :) Also, yes paracetamol is a painkiller but it really puts me asleep. When I'm really wired, I take 1g but it usually does not work and I wake up in the next hour so when I wake up I take another 1g. It really...
  24. J

Shaving

Hello! Thanks Dainty. I'll try shaving without anything first :) I did not know shaving oil existed. I'll look into that. Crus, thanks for your answer. It's interesting that this happened to you! No I dont have a problem with showers at all. I just want to add that before CFS I never had...
  25. J

Shaving

Hello and thanks I need to be cleaned shaved when I work :)
  26. J

Shaving

Hello, OK thanks a lot!! I'm gonna try shaving with soap :) You know you can read reviews of eletric razors online. You have plenty of ranking etc... Then you can order it. That's how I do for most my items :) it saves a trip to the store. Thanks again!
  27. J

Shaving

Hello, Chemical intolerance? Why not. Im gonna try to shave without cream. And yes I use a razor blade :) The electric shaver may be a solution. You shave with this? Does it take longerto shave with it? Thanks!
  28. J

Shaving

Hello and thx! No it's really the feeling after shaving. I even used a new brand of products very espensive and of excellent quality. I feel so bad after that I can lay on my bed and even sleep. I wonder if my body release adrenaline or cortisol which makes me so tired. It really started when I...
  29. J

Shaving

OK cool guys thx. I'll check on those 2 things. But from what I read I'm not sure this is that. You see I have no problem standing all day long, doing the dishes taking a shower. I can even run for 45min etc... I'm not housebound at all anymore. But shaving make me feel bad. It's the feeling...
  30. J

Shaving

Hello and thanks for your answer. What's OI and POTS please? :)