• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Persistent coronaviral particles in the gut

I believe Dr. Chia likes it.
  2. F

Persistent coronaviral particles in the gut

I just read this article: https://hms.harvard.edu/news/covid-19s-gut-connection and naturally was intrigued by the demonstration of persistent Covid viral particles in the gut. The work is fantastic! They demonstrated persistent viral particles in the guts of children who got the MIS-C syndrome...
  3. F

Abilify- Stanford Clinic Patients

I just started reading about this subject here, now and the statement about heightened colors caught me. I suffer at times with heightened color sensation red, yellow and white and green- I notice it most with traffic lights- and attributed it to generalized neuroinflammation. I do not take any...
  4. F

Has anyone had a Covid vaccine yet?

Happy to hear you're up for your second shot. I'm due the first week of March. I do not believe I will have a serious reaction. The only outlier was the rash as you said, but I will take H1 and H2 blockers, as I do every day and have some Benedryl on hand in addition. I'm really happy to have...
  5. F

This gives me a chance to update. So I got 'Moderna Arm' on post vaccine day 6. I had and area about 10 cm in diameter of swelling and redness around the injection site. I also had some increased generalized itching and an intermitten rash on my neck and chest. The arm swelling etc., changed a...
  6. F

Turned out I got ‘Moderna Arm’ I think it’s called. Started post-vaccine day 6 and lasted 6 days. Arm swollen and red a good 10cm surrounding the injection site. I appreciate the link to the survey on Health Rising but was waiting for a possibility to report that reaction.
  7. F

I'm just wondering if my, relatively minor mast cell issues have been ramped up. I got my first shot of Moderna a week ago and initially just had a very swollen arm. My mast cell stuff had been a bit worse the week before, but today I clearly reacted to a soap I had used for years in the past...
  8. F

Enteroviruses - revisited

Curious as to what doses of Quercitin and Vit C you used.
  9. F

Why do we feel better at night?

You may be right. I have found that rigorous limiting of bright light has helped my condition. Specifically, I have all my screens dimmed, night shift on at all times and the brightness at about 1/4-1/3 on my iphone and I start wearing my blue-blocker glasses at about 6:30 PM. When I look at my...
  10. F

Something potentially for neuroinflammation

Hey, I know this is directly about Parkinson's but it seems relevant to neuroinflammation in general and potentially very exciting. https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/wellbeing/2018/11/08/michael-j-fox-parkinsons-therapy/?fbclid=IwAR2cVQe96pM4EYOTC4Nh1ff-xKuBrjqXOXh7YQIpGzf5W3F0CA5CK-7myag
  11. F

Oxymatrine: What to expect with fatigue and how long? (And my on-going journey, info and questions.)

Hey Jennifer, I take my first dose of Equilibrant with breakfast and the second about an hour after dinner. I probably still have enough in my stomach that the hour doesn't matter. That's about 12 hours. When I first started I was told by Dr. Chia to increase slowly with once daily dosing...
  12. F

Question for Dr. Chia patients

He recommends different doses for different subgroups of patients I believe. He started me at 1/8 of a tablet a day, advancing by doubling every 10-14 days as tolerated. Taking twice a day. But on the Equilibrant box the instructions say to 'start with 1/2 tab with water and a small meal for...
  13. F

Much worse after short course of Equilibrant

I think we may be hijacking the thread here a bit.. PM me if you like...
  14. F

Well I have IBS and have had SIBO so it's a bit hard to sort out.
  15. F

About 3 weeks until I started to turn the corner. Gradual improvement thereafter. I do not have Chlamydia Pneumonia...
  16. F

Started it after the Equilibrant. LDN also helped with crashes being less frequent and less lasting. Also with my IBS to some extent. Pain from FM and plantar fasciitis 80%+ better after first dose. Irritable bladder symptoms as well. Neuropsych stuff: Better impetus, less OCD symptoms and...
  17. F

Less flu-like symptoms, less crashes that also don't last as long, temperature regulation better, not gaining weight while eating nothing, fog better... LDN has helped too.
  18. F

No. He did not prescribe or recommend inosine for me. Sorry don't recall my titers at the moment, just that they weren't astronomically high- maybe 4x... But definitely positive.
  19. F

He probably does have an option for people who want or need to take Oxymatrine, but I really never discussed it with him since the Equilibrant was not problematic for me. It doesn't work for everyone. I believe he did say one feels worse before better and I read more about people's experiences...
  20. F

It definitely helped me! I got sicker for a few weeks, my symptoms of sore throat, fatigue, inability to maintain a normal temperature, headache all worsened. Then I developed a low grade fever and started improving. I have continued to improve. My feeling about the other herbs in the...
  21. F

I don't know how he identifies them but he does it prior to prescribing the amount to be taken. He started me on 1/4 tab each day from the get go. Also said something suggestive of this group not ever going higher than 2-3 tablets each day. I have seen this mentioned elsewhere but can't...
  22. F

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Personally, I've found recently that CBD oil helps me enormously with agitation and anxiety.
  23. F

Just to mention: Dr. Chia does not recommend going so high or starting high for a subset of patients. I was one where he started me on like 1/8 of a tablet and slowly increased every two weeks. Now 1 1/2 years I take 3 tablets a day.
  24. F

FDA Warns Of Kratom Harms Including Death

I've recently seen reports (CDC, CIDRAP) about salmonella infections linked to kratom. Seems legit. Just a warning.
  25. F

IBS much improved after removing CHLORAMINE (not the same as chlorine) from my tap drinking water, which is not removed by carbon filters

Got all excited about this. I checked the local water report and they do use chloramine. I use a Berkey countertop filter and according to their tests 99.9% of chloramine is removed. So that can't be it for me. But thanks for the informative post.
  26. F

Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) - how's it working for you?

Just a quick thought about the effects being cumulative as you suggested. I have heard that some people may have a slower clearing of their receptors and have found that skipping a day or two per week or taking on alternate days has helped...
  27. F

Enteroviruses - revisited

Yes. I see Dr. Chia and have an Echovirus that he feels is significant.
  28. F

Reason to be optimistic

I don't know. Can you tell us more about this?