• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. lcnewross

Things that show up in your lab results

So far, diagnosed with Hashimoto's (based on autoantibody, TSH, T3, T4 levels normal) and low Vitamin D. I had stool culture analyzed recently. I am not sure what to make of the results, so I won't share yet. I have had multiple scans, too, which includes an MRI (MS protocol), which was...
  2. lcnewross

LDN Becoming FDA-approved Drug?

I did have an immune reaction initially (bad sinus infection), but doing daily saline rinses and using a colloidal silver spray helped me getting over it. Plan is to get to 3 mg in the next month.
  3. lcnewross

I had/have more difficulty with falling asleep, but I do fall asleep by 11/11:30 pm. I take the LDN around 9 pm. Once asleep, I do pretty well. I may wake up once and then fall back asleep.
  4. lcnewross

I still need help with sleep initiation, but I definitely feel like my quality of sleep has improved. My sleep study showed significant alpha wave intrusion during deep sleep.
  5. lcnewross

He has had good success with it, specifically controlling pain and helping with sleep. He sees me for fibromyalgia specifically. I have seen improvements with both in three weeks at 1.5 mg. I also have had mild improvement with fatigue (more natural energy) and the wired-but-tired feeling has...
  6. lcnewross

I am just impressed he keeps up with the LDN research! He is a good doctor if people need recommendations for the Austin, Texas area. PM if you do!
  7. lcnewross

My rheumatologist seems to think they would have patented 1.5, 3, 4.5, and possibly 6 mg pills, which would be great (if affordable). I talked about dissolving it with him, if it gets to that point.
  8. lcnewross

I saw my rheumatologist this morning who said there is a phase 3 clinical trial going on for LDN (assume for Crohn's or another AI condition). He believes it will become an FDA-approved drug and then patented, which then means a potential increase in price. Anyone else know about this? I am...
  9. lcnewross

Need Guidance on New Tx Recs

@Quemist Were you a student at UT?!
  10. lcnewross

Need Guidance on New Tx Recs

I saw my functional MD yesterday. We are still waiting on the results for Lyme and parasitic infection tests. Yesterday, he proposed Results RNA colloidal spray (working toward 12 sprays a day) and ozone auto hemotherapy. I have seen posts re: former, and it seems some people swear by it. I...
  11. lcnewross

Disappointing Mayo Clinic Treatment

I brought these posts to David Tuller and Julie Rehmeyer's attention. I think an exposé is in order. This is maddening. And why the heck do people still think Interstitial Cystitis is a psychosomatic disorder?! They can distend your bladder under anesthesia and see actual damage to the...
  12. lcnewross

Clenching mouth while sleeping

I definitely recommend a night guard! I have worn one religiously for half of my life (30 now). It does not prevent tension headaches but it does save your teeth! Keep track of your gums, too. I have had three gum grafts because the clenching/grinding resulted in receding gum lines. Dentist...