• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. bond

Metabolite Produced By Gut Bacteria From Pomegranates Reduces IBD

Anyone tried this stuff already? It was mentioned in a FB group I'm in and apparently it is selling already as Celltrient and Mitopure. Given the current research I'm ready to experiment but would love to hear real experiences from people. I've tried dosens of treatments that are shown to work...
  2. bond

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

@Mick - please share, what worked for you?
  3. bond

B2 I love you!

I've too noticed worsening of insomnia when going overboard with B2, I think it's somehow related to iron or copper as other supplements like Vitamin C, DIM, Zinc, Biotin, Polyphenols(Hesperdin in particular) give me the same type of insomnia - just waking after a couple of hours and unable to...
  4. bond

No love of B2 here - a warning about riboflavin

@Kathevans how much boron/B2 were you taking? What symptoms did you get from lowered B2? Did they resolve by just taking B2? Sorry for the myriad of questions but I believe I had the same issue and still can't figure it out completely. I'm taking 3mg chelated boron and 1/4 of a regular 50mg...
  5. bond

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

I would still like to try UDCA/TUDCA but my doctor will never prescribe it as he easily dismissed my pale stools as "absolutely normal" phenomenon. Does anyone know where can I buy a good UDCA without prescription? I would like to start with UDCA rather TUDCA as taking taurine alone not only...
  6. bond

lithium experiences

Ok, the same as @hangininthere I have my sense of humour back with lithium on the 20th day of supplementation(2.5mg LO in the morning) but I don't seem to be able to tolerate it anymore. It seems like it activates the HPA axis for me(have the same symptoms as if I drink coffee), makes me jittery...
  7. bond

Copper dysregulation

An interesting post on copper-carnosine interactions and the long term effects.
  8. bond

Copper dysregulation

Anyone with copper toxicity/deficiency and experience with Rutin? There are some sources that suggest Rutin forms potent antioxidant complex with(unbound?) copper - Cu(Rut)Cl2 and also reduces copper level in the liver.
  9. bond

Copper dysregulation

Thanks @Gondwanaland I've always wondered how accurate is when people say that some substance chelates or lowers another one. I guess usually the chelating effect is weak and lowering occurs only at cellular or liver level but never systematic - i.e. the copper will just be moved from one place...
  10. bond

Copper dysregulation

@Gondwanaland what is the relation between B5 and histidine?
  11. bond

Copper dysregulation

That's very interesting, I too have exactly the same copper deficiency+toxicity symptoms - high histamine, inability to tolerate antioxidants(probably low Cp or bioavailable iron), varicose veins. I've tried the classical toxicity/chelating protocols that are prescribed by HTMA analytics(zinc...
  12. bond

Poll: How many root canals do you have?

2, i definetely felt my health started deteriorating after installing them back in 1999. Re-did them in the beginning of 2017 with a well renowed endodontist. Apart from some random pain still haven't seen any improvement.
  13. bond

Intolerance to antioxidants

I too have complete intolerance to any antioxidants - coffee, cocoa, Vit C, Vit A, bioflavonoids, sulforaphane, astaxanthin, lactoferrin(not an antioxidant but feel the same as when taking the others). Think its an iron or CYP450 issue but can't really pinpoint anything, iron tests are normal -...
  14. bond

B2 I love you!

Because things are not complicated enough from this paper it seems that B2 deficiency may be caused by gut disbiosys as B2 is produced by some strains in the colon. On top of that some pathological bacteria depend on B2 to grow. I wonder if the a disbalance of any of those species may lead to...
  15. bond

Putting methylation into perspective: the liver

Has anyone considered the timing of supplements for liver detox? I've heard the liver works hader during the night so would it make sense to take the supporting supplements at dinner? Ben Lynch also suggests doing sauna in the evening for the same reason.
  16. bond

Effect of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on methylation enzymes

Wonder if the culpit is the DHA(or ALA as Ben Lynch suggests) or the Omega-3 to omega-6 ratio :confused:
  17. bond

23 and me

@alicec - Selfdecode is not free, I would be surprised if it has ever been free. You can use promethease's desktop app for free, it takes some time though(20h or so).
  18. bond

New SNPs Interpretation from Ben Lynch: Strategene

I don't expect anything spectacular from the report either but what's more interesting is the FB group. Does anyone have any experience with it? I think Dr Lynch himself and Dr Jess Armine are consulting(commenting) there.
  19. bond

Effect of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on methylation enzymes

@nanonug - I'm not sure if your conclusion is correct - they say upregulates MTHFR which is the methylation pathway and CSE but not CBS, the latter standing above CSE in the transsulfuration pathway. I guess Ben Lynch is relying on that study for his StrateGene reports. Personally I've...
  20. bond

B2 I love you!

@LynnJ - the first link is broken(it points to some marijuana study), the second one doesn't seem very reliable. There is in vitro part, which is always suspicious as it usually doesn't reproduce in a whole living organism, and in vivo - it involves direct injection of B2 into rabbits eyes -...
  21. bond

B2 I love you!

I react the same way to B2, took some time to figure out it was it. For me I think the cause is severe deficiency which throws my methylation into overdrive, which overstimulates the thyroid and catecholamine production. I'm compount MTHFR and homozygous in COMT V158M and H62H -> thus problems...