• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

NutrEval help pls! (originally "Functional B12 deficiency")

@caledonia (i forgot to put your name in my previous reply) "If you use the Nutreval Interpretation Guide, you can figure out Figlu and if you have a methylation problem." My problem is that I am not sure as my FIGLU is in the green but about 3/4 of the way to the right. Does that mean it's...
  2. N

Thanks so much! I am sorry but I am not sure how to copy/quote certain parts of your reply..... I tried in my previous reply but it didn't work. Sorry that I wasn't clear re: the NutrEval physician summary... it was Genova that wouldn't let me request it. My Dr said she will. She didn't even...
  3. N

@caledonia I am sorry! I dropped the ball on this conversation. ~ I was taking methyl B12 via lozenge. I just bought adeno/hydroxy B12 liquid to try but afraid to. When I started taking my B complex and Mb12, I started feeling worse.. on the couch with lower leg aches again and feeling...
  4. N

MTHFR with normal Figlu on NutrEval

Thanks Sushi!
  5. N

Valentinjin, So if the MTRR may be the cause of not using the B12 properly, what is one to do? I saw the info about buildin gup lithium levels first. Your thoughts? Thanks!
  6. N

Here's more info, if this may help. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback! BTW my lithium levels are pretty much non-existant at <0.1 (range is 0.6-1.4) Other recent labs results that are off: Iron serum low at 14 (range is 27-1559) Iron sat 3% Ferritin 5 Hemaglobin, MCV and MCH are all low ALT...
  7. N

Here are most of my NutrEval pages. Even if anyone can just look at the methylation, B12, folate, etc areas, I'd appreciate it! But if anyone can comments on anything else, I'd truly truly appreciate it! I feel like I've been led down the wrong path so many times and I'd like to avoid doing...
  8. N

Wow wow wow! I was so thrilled and so surprised to wake up and find all this fabulous info!! I can't thank you all enough! I will look through it thoroughly and try to digest it all. I wanted to ask about my Figlu result and what it means... if it's and my folate levels are truly "normal" or...
  9. N

PS- my glutathione is almost in the red!
  10. N

Thank you for your explanation! It is confusing when it is in "the green". I appreciate your help. Any thoughts on how to get the B12 into my cells? I do have 3 ++ FUT2, and several MTR/MTRR SNPs plus compound heterozygous MTHFR... all which I think can affect B12. SO much to learn! Edited...
  11. N

Thanks, Sushi. A practitioner I just consulted with looked at the Figlu and since it was normal, said the MTHFr is not an issue.... But I wanted to get more feedback on that. My MMA is 1.5 on a range up to 1.9. Showing in the yellow/borderline area. Yet the first page overview said I am in...
  12. N

I am compound heterozygous MTHFR. My NutrEval shows normal Figlu (folate levels, right?) Does that mean I do not have a methylation issue? Or that the MTHFR is not expressing itself? Thanks!
  13. N

Hello, I am new here. Wondering if anyone can shed possible reasons for a high deficiency in B12 in the cells per NutrEval results, while the serum levels were off the chart high while taking methyl B12? I was instructed to stop taking the B12 and a couple years later, my serum B 12 is much...
  14. N

B12 not getting into cells/serum levels high or ok

PS- I am compound heterozygous for MTHFR but she didn't think it was expressing it self as (I think she said a marker for folate was OK)... altho the test showed I am highly deficient in folic acid/ B9. ???
  15. N

B12 not getting into cells/serum levels high or ok

Hello, I am new here. Wondering if anyone can shed possible reasons for a high deficiency in B12 in the cells per NutrEval results, while the serum levels were off the chart high while taking methyl B12? I was instructed to stop taking the B12 and a couple years later, my serum B 12 is much...
  16. N

Need help pls interpreting Genetic Genie/Yasko results

Thank you, Alicec. Yes, I am MTHFR compound heterzygous per a Specrtacell blood test that I did prior to 23andme. I was asking about the Mega Foods product as it contains food course B12 and folate. So I don't think it would cause issues as it is not synthetic. However I expect the B12 and...
  17. N

Anyone?? Any insight is appreciated! Thanks! :)
  18. N

Hello, I am a newbie here and thankful to find this site with so much great information. I am hoping I can get some insight into my results below. I know combinations of SNPs are important and I'd appreciate any insight please. I did find the SNPs Interpretation Guide that Caledonia graciously...