• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. notmyself

very important question!

i am 100 % sure that i have some health problems...before going to doctors again i want to ask you one question,,,Pem is what separate Me/cfs from other disease in my opinion so My question is : if you have pem and feel like shit would you be able to force yourself to play one hour of football...
  2. notmyself

Pins and needles / twitching

my serum levels were normal..but magnesium is mostly found in cells so the serum test doesn t have much meaning in my opinion..i take 500mg at night..
  3. notmyself

Pins and needles / twitching

magnesium completelly eliminate twitching for me..i take oratate form
  4. notmyself

My bad blood test

solve the vit d deficiency...it can cause all the symtoms ;) read about it...
  5. notmyself

Brain Damage?

there are plenty of tests you can do to see if you have indeed a braind damage ..hope you don 't
  6. notmyself

Hope recovery for believers

is it possible to heal...our bodies are build to heal themselfs..belive it, sooner or later it can happen to everyone!
  7. notmyself

Do people recover?

after 1 year and half i have recovered , i remember at my worst feeling lost suicidal without any hope,my body was so weak,,,but now i am strong again, i compete with people younger than me in sports and mostly i win...i can run swim, play football tennis again without pem and insomnia...i...
  8. notmyself

update : i keep gettin better...i can do sports everyday, my endurance is better than average for my age..i play football with people my age and i saw them more tired than me..i make a swiming contest with friends i win by a large distance..my body is strong again..almost like it used to be...i...
  9. notmyself

Post viral fatigue

well,i start to feel better/ recover after 18 months...have patience , listen to your body, eat well, sleep, dont exort yourself and you will get better :)
  10. notmyself

high resting heart rate

it could be the medication affecting your heart rate..leaving that on the side,80 resting heart rate is not really somethign of concern..
  11. notmyself

hi all..i'm gettin' so much better , i don't know what is happening or why, but i'm am gettin better...i actually feel healthy again!! All this change happen few months ago when i used to have colds all the time, it was like 2 -3 months continously having cold and respiratory infections...
  12. notmyself

MCAS and ANA

yes..i meant the anti nuclear antibodies..wich i test twice for them and come back negative ...as for anaphylaxis ,is a hallmark of mcas or not?..thanks
  13. notmyself

MCAS and ANA

i don't have ANA, not even close...that's the thing..i kinda suspect MCAS but just don t want to start again going to doctors..especially since MCAS is very hard to diagnose aswell...
  14. notmyself

Supplements advice for very severe relapse

coq10, quercetin, and magnesium..this 3 have improve most of my symtoms ..they are also safe without many contraindications :)..coq10 is a must for CFS in my opinion
  15. notmyself

MCAS and ANA

hi, sorry for the off topic since is not about ME/CFs, but here is the only section i can post ..Would ANA will be elevated in MCAS or any mast cell disorder?! since ANA is showing autoimunity
  16. notmyself

Does anyone think they could have something else?

Could'nt agree more! CFS is a category of different diseases that share similar symptoms and are hard to identify, while ME is far more serious and need to have brain inflamation..that's why is called encephalomielytis after all...
  17. notmyself

Does anyone think they could have something else?

i don t know if i have ME or not, all i know i have improved a lot..everyone can..doesn t matter the diagnostic..what is ME anyway?!
  18. notmyself

Anything new?!

it makes a huge difference!
  19. notmyself

Anything new?!

Hi everybody, Any good news lately,promising research?!
  20. notmyself

POLL: In the first 6 to 8 years of your ME/CFS, did you get slowly worse, better or remain stable?

oral temperature or rectal are the most accurate..if you have 37.2 taken orally or rectal that's not a low grade fever at all
  21. notmyself

A Spontaneous Remission/Recovery

till we don t have a 100% biomarker diagnostic for this disease statistics don t really meant much...so don t judge or chances of recovery from statistics..you can have 0% chance or 100%...nothing is for sure
  22. notmyself

Severe PEM

happy for you! any idea why cumin have such an effect on you?
  23. notmyself

Is there any solid research that exercise is helpful for POTS?

from my experience exercise is improving pots..i measure my heart rate changes from suspine to standing..on the periods i exercise and spend less time in bed i don t even have pots, exercise is also improving my energy for 1 or 2 days ..unfortunatelly exercise is making other things worse...
  24. notmyself

Temperature measurments

i check with another one and i get the same result..under arm suppose to be 0.5 to 1 degree less than orall...for me under arm is higher than oral...oral is normal 37 c..but under arm is 37.5..so i don t know if i have a low rade fever or not..is really weird
  25. notmyself

help me figure it out

hi, can someone help me understand how can we differentiate the flu like symptoms that come with this illness from an actual viral infection?..is the cough a good indication that is actually a viral respiratory infection, or the runny nose?or both can be present as part of ME/Cfs..thanks
  26. notmyself

Temperature measurments

hi, i was wondering wich palce gives a more accurette reading..i know rectal is the best ,but i don t really want to do that..i check orrally and armpit..i have the same readings around 37.1..the problem is for oral 37.1 it's in the normal range..while for armpit from what i see on internet...
  27. notmyself

PEm severity

When you have PEM?..are you still able to leave the house if you push it, or walking for a mile or so, standing for few hours?..or PEM basicly means bedridden?
  28. notmyself

Is CFS really worse than Cancer?

i'm just trying to help him. he have energy swings and digestive issues..this is not ME, not even close..he is stilla able to train, he didin t mention any neurological symptoms, no pem, no flue like feelings..From his post i can easily realise that his problem is health anxiety, he wrote:''Now...
  29. notmyself

Should I suggest Pots to the GP based on this ?

199 heart rate from standing??...maybe the monitor is not working properly..
  30. notmyself

Is CFS really worse than Cancer?

if you are still able to train like before you can rule out CFS..