• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Transdermal B12 oils

Thank you. Actually, I know what the issue is. I was hit by Cipro in 2013 and it severely damaged my body and in particular my nervous system. But my b12 was always normal/high before then and plummeted to around 350 only 2 weeks after being poisoned by Cipro. Since I tried sublingual mb12 and...
  2. S

Transdermal B12 oils

I want to thank the so many of you on this and other threads that have provided so much valuable information. I've spent 6 months now reading and reading. I read the entire thread "The Hidden Story" and now this one too. I've just ordered my first bottle of B12 oil from Australia. I don't have...
  3. S

Mysterious Undiagnosed Illness-seeking advice, suggestions and stories!

Thanks, Valentijn. So, those whole idea of sublinguals for 45+ minutes is incorrect and unfounded? I can say that there's some absorption going on (not necessarily for than just swallowing- I don't know) because my nerves react very strongly to mb12 at even 1-2 mg. I took hydroxy and adeno for...
  4. S

Mysterious Undiagnosed Illness-seeking advice, suggestions and stories!

Hello, Caledonia. I've been doing a lot of reading the past 6 months, mostly on Freddd's old threads. I've now started reading your information on methylation. It's wonderful information. My body has struggled with mb12, however, and I cannot tolerate even 100 mcg of folate without flu like...
  5. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks, Eastman. It appears that the b12 is way more important for me because this is a neuropathy issue and not an ME/CFS issue. But maybe folate is essential for the methyl b12 to really do it's job. I'll keep trying to add it in.
  6. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Sorry for what I assume is a bit of an uninformed question. I started up methyl b12 and adeno b12. Had a definite response- neuropathy was way more active. Titrated up to about 4000 methyl and 3000 adeno over 2 months. Never really involved folate. Now, however, even small doses of folate (200)...
  7. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks, Caledonia. I'm at a level of pain I can handle. It's nothing new- just a more intense version. If it lasts for a couple of months, I can push through. It's just always a little scary when it feels like you're going backwards. I'm stable at 3 mg of b12. It isn't a big change from 1 or 2...
  8. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd And Others- I've read all 175 pages of this thread. I do not have ME or CFS. I'm a floxie, someone who's been damaged by fluoroquinolone antibiotics. My body has healed quite a lot over the past 3.5 years, but the nerve pain in my feet, which has improved, is still very much a problem...
  9. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks, Peter. I actually just ordered the Solgar. Seems like they are a good company and their tablets don't have citric acid or fructose which I like.
  10. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks, Johnmac.
  11. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi, all. A silly logistical question. If one needs to totrate up to 10-20 mg of methyl b12, how is this really possible with ET lozenges that are only 1 mg each? Really, I'm going to consume half the bottle per day? Is there not a 5 mg option that is decent? Thank you!