• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Comment by 'Monarda' in 'I drop another darn egg'

I understand how you feel! I tend stumble when I walk on bad days or when crashing, embarrassing when I fall down for no reason. Sometimes my hands shake after exertion, mental or physical. The following might make you smile… I cook on cast iron so I fry eggs sunny side. A few years ago I ended...
  2. M

Supplements and Drugs That Reduce or Prevent PEM (Post-Exertional Malaise)

Bignonia capreolata, a wild vine native to the southeastern US. In the 40’s and 50’s it was a common ornamental in landscaping, even made its way to the Ohio valley and the west coast. I find it in the wild. This year I had a friend harvest, dry, and ship me some. It’s far more common in...
  3. M

Breathing.

I would describe it differently. Sometimes I am so exhausted that I can feel the energy I use with each breath. Sometimes I even feel I don’t have the energy to draw another breath, scary! For me it’s not related to anything but exhaustion, so tired I have to plan my steps to the fridge or...
  4. M

"Urge Incontinence" or "Overactive Bladder" major difficulty.Help! Anyone else?

The herbal world… something you might try. “Mullein Root Tincture”, it’s safe for long term use. It is commonly used for incontinence with the elderly and new mothers. Several parts of the mullein plant are used (Verbascum thapsus). Only mullein root is used for incontinence, not the blooms or...
  5. M

Does Anyone Else Hate This?

It grows in PA! Hard to miss in late summer, the upper leaves appear white. I can spot it at highway speed on road sides.
  6. M

Does Anyone Else Hate This?

I had to stop using dryer sheets and scented laundry detergent several years ago. There is a wild plant that grows here in the mint family. Locally it’s called “mountain mint” (Pycnanthemum incanum). I read that some people dried the blooms and used them in dryers to scent their clothes. Last...
  7. M

How do i learn my limits

I really like some of the comments on this thread, some very good information. The hardest thing I ever had to learn was to correctly understand my energy level at the start of a day. I don’t wake up very well. It might take 2 hours to get an accurate measure for what my day is going to be like...