• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Exercise tolerance test… Scared of PEM.

I have written to the cardiologist concerned via his secretary to express my concerns, asked him exactly what this test entails and telling him that I only want to do the test if it is vital and I would prefer him to find another way to find the results. I also attached a copy of the ME...
  2. D

Thank you so much for Telling me of your experience. I think you were very brave to take part in the study and I hope that you are back to the baseline that you were at before the study. Good luck.
  3. D

Mattie Did you decline because of the severity of crash that could happen? Was Yours going to be on the treadmill?
  4. D

Sushi Thank you for your information. Good idea about the recovery bag. I definitely need to find out as much information as possible and also make him realise how serious the consequences could be. I’ve then got a big decision to make I think.
  5. D

I -lava-u how did you react to the test And did they try and push you to carry on when you thought you should stop? I want them to get the information that they need about my heart but not at the expense of my CFS. Dilemma!
  6. D

Hi Chris,I think it will probably be an exercise treadmill. When I googled NHS exercise stress test that’s what came up.
  7. D

I have just started investigations for POTS And during my ECG A slight abnormality showed up and I have received a letter saying I need an exercise tolerance test. Really don’t want to do this as I’ve just crawled my way back To the level I was last July. (Bad crash due to a 2 week...