• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V

In bed by 9 or suffer the consequences

Yes.. but one's limits are getting smaller and smaller. And staying up and extra 10 minutes doesn't seem like a lot. I realize it's part of the whole disease. It's just annoying that it is so rigid and severe. No amount of banking sleep. No amount of taking it easy helps. Like everything with...
  2. V

Should also add that no amount of sleeping in helps. I need to sleep between 9pm and 5am. Anything before or after doesn't seem to help.
  3. V

I have had CFS/ME for at least 10-15 years. I used to hike and bike long distances and now can only manage walks (but at least walks still). Like many I am limited in many ways activity wise, but what I have not seen mentioned much is how badly my body shuts down if I go to bed just a bit later...