• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Damaged by drugs

How bad was your reaction and did it feel so bad you wouldn't recover from it?
  2. R

Damaged by drugs

Been 5 months since I took it. Took about 4 months to get out of my sluggish system and now 1 month of severe cognitive impairment and withdrawal symptoms.
  3. R

Damaged by drugs

Thanks for replying @Gingergrrl. I was taking it for insomnia for about 6 weeks with no bad side effects and then a massive adverse reaction to it and discontinued. Felt like I'd been poisoned by something radioactive and was in a waking coma for the next four months and kept waking up...
  4. R

Damaged by drugs

Thought I would reignite this old thread. I have been seriously damaged by amitriptyline, it has completely diminished my mental function and can barely initiate a thought anymore, feel completely brain dead, like my brain is paralysed, also it has left me feeling absouloutley no emotions and...
  5. R

Amitriptyline Poll - Does it work for you?

Thanks for replying xrayspex. I'm still hanging in but things have got alot worse. I'm starting to lose my mental function and feels like my brain and body is shutting down. Feel like I'm turning into a vegetable. I can barely read or process any information and barely even think what I need to...
  6. R

Vitamin D toxicity anyone?

Not sure really. I was in a bad crash earlier in the year and had bloods done and found very low vit d levels and I gradually came out of the crash after levels were corrected or it could of just been coincidence. I think this now is mainly down to the amitriptyline but was just curious to hear...
  7. R

Thanks Glasshouse. My levels were as low as 7 when I started supplementation. I took 50,000 IU once a week for six weeks and got my level up to 103 so I assume I'm absorbing it well. I've been on 2500IU since June and probably didn't need it although I'm housebound and can't get sunlight. I...
  8. R

Thanks for both of you replying. It could be purely down to the amitriptyline but I'm going to stay off the vitamin d as 103 sounds like a high level to give a 2500IU maintenance dose for. I read 600IU is the recommended daily limit and being fat soluble it could be contributing to me feeling so...
  9. R

Hello. I'm currently in a very bad crash after using amitryptyline but I was just wondering I had low vitamin d levels in May so my gp put me on a high dose for six weeks which boosted my levels up to 103 and I have been on a maintenance dose of 2500 IU ever since. I'm just wondering if I could...
  10. R

Short of breath with slower than usual pulse rate.

Thanks for your reply. My heartbeat seems nice and regular but I'm just curious as I'm in the worst crash ever and would normally expect a faster heart rate and it seems to be gradually getting slower.
  11. R

Short of breath with slower than usual pulse rate.

Hi. I'm in a big crash currently and I'm starting to experience alot of shortness of breath but my pulse is a good ten beats slower than usual and with air hunger I've experienced in the past I've had a faster pulse. It is also a different kind of air hunger to anything else I've known. Just...
  12. R

Had to stop it immediately, it started putting me in a coma and made me feel poisoned like a hundred times worse than a bad hangover which didn't subside on discontinuation. Think it's only just coming out of my system now as I'm only having withdrawal symptoms now plus I'm not sleeping quite as...
  13. R

I started taking 10mg of amitryptyline about four months ago for insomnia and for the first six weeks it was great, I slept really well and my baseline improved and managed to start getting out of the house occasionally and then all of a sudden it starting putting me into a waking coma so...