• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. rainbowbluebells

Coronavirus: what your country is doing, how you feel & general discussion

Yes exactly @Inara, of course that it what I mean, and I did say in at least a few of my posts “at that time”, so that it was clear, even if I didn’t mention it in all of my posts.
  2. rainbowbluebells

Yes, but like I said, that was not about their deaths (the people in the article). That is what you are talking about. Younger people have died in other countries, even here, completely unrelated to those 3 people in the article.
  3. rainbowbluebells

I won’t “fire back on it”, but I am confused at what you’re saying - as I have never once made an absolute statement about any of their deaths, so I don’t know why your post is about that. I didn’t say all those young people in the newspaper articles (I mean the 3 that have been reported in the...
  4. rainbowbluebells

? I said (this is in relation to young people dying of corona):, “And I’m sure in some of these cases, if the person hadnt caught coronavirus, they wouldn’t have died.” You said: No you're not. And I said: Yes I am. Because of all the reasons I wrote in all the subsequent posts. Not least...
  5. rainbowbluebells

To clarify, You said I don’t know that (that some people would be alive if they didn’t get coronavirus). But I’ve said that I do know that, because not only the probability but the facts that it has happened.. and is happening, and will happen; that we have seen deaths happen and that being put...
  6. rainbowbluebells

I’m going to leave it there because I don’t really have the energy to go into it anymore. Yes we don’t know a lot about the coronavirus but we do know some things. As Italy and other countries have said, young people can get it too and die from it too, so they should not think they are...
  7. rainbowbluebells

Because it is a fact that younger people have died from this illness and it will happen in the future too. Not everyone is over 70, or over 60 even, we know that from the death rate statistics and cases. Those people died because of the corona virus, as that was their cause of death. (Edited to...
  8. rainbowbluebells

It did seem as if I was unsuccessful, because I kept saying much the same thing in each post which was stressful to me, not having much energy. It’s not really an opinion or difference of opinion of it, because people have died from the coronavirus, young people have died from the corona virus...
  9. rainbowbluebells

From an article that was posted here, or elsewhere; think it was the Independent, the family say the coroner have said cause of death was coronavirus.
  10. rainbowbluebells

It would be vanishingly, vanishingly unlikely for no one to get it, and die from that alone, given the large numbers of people who are getting exposed to it. (And we already know young people have got it and died from it, as China and Italy have reported). So that’s enough for me to feel sure...
  11. rainbowbluebells

Because at some point it will happen and has already happened. I know people who have died locally to me who have not had other conditions and were healthy, who was working normally, who died of coronavirus contracted at work. I have a friend whose grandfather died of coronavirus and up until he...
  12. rainbowbluebells

@Zebra I do agree with many of the points you have made. In terms of hoarding or getting upset because they can’t get their usual foods, I think it’s just because many people from western or well developed countries haven’t ever been in that position before. And they behave in strange ways. I do...
  13. rainbowbluebells

Yes.. and somewhere therefore along the line it will happen for someone, or many someones.
  14. rainbowbluebells

Yes I am. Of course in some cases, at some point along the line, where people have died from coronavirus, and the coroner has said their cause of death was coronavirus, and also were then told by the media/official info that it wasn’t in fact coronavirus, the cause of death would actually have...
  15. rainbowbluebells

@Inara @Gingergrrl and others, I am very suspect about these younger people whose families are initially told they died from coronavirus from the coroner and then the media/official info is that they died from something else? How do they know it’s not coronavirus? Coronavirus can bring on so...
  16. rainbowbluebells

@Inara I think the reason 500,000 is taken to be a lot here is because it’s so much more than the in the UK, here we’ve been averaging about 5,000 a day so that’s 35,000 a week. So the number of tests in Germany is of course a lot more than that. Yes. it seems strange only people with fever are...
  17. rainbowbluebells

@Inara there have been lots of articles recently about how Germany has such a low rate because of high testing amounts. Apparently Germany is saying they are testing 500,000 people a week. But I remember what you said about the death rate not being right because some people were being put down...
  18. rainbowbluebells

Honestly I’m not sure what the UK based their info on. :confused: The information that came out of China was, I think, those with pre existing respiratory conditions; heart conditions/ hypertension, and diabetes were more at risk of complications. So I don’t know where the UK got their info...
  19. rainbowbluebells

@Rufous McKinney I don’t really know if we would come under that list in terms of increase in infections / immunosuppression. We might do. I become a lot more ill when I get a virus / infection. But I don’t know if that’s because the body is mounting too much of an attack, in which case we would...
  20. rainbowbluebells

@Sallyagerharris Here is a link to apply to be placed on the extremely vulnerable list, if you already haven’t been. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable I think it’s definitely worth applying even if you’re not sure and don’t have the conditions. Just incase they accept people...
  21. rainbowbluebells

Hi, unfortunately ME doesn’t fall Into the list. However it may be that you have lung issues that are severe enough to warrant being on the list. It mentions severe asthma and severe COPD. Do you have any of those conditions? However even if you’re not on the list, it is possible to try to sign...
  22. rainbowbluebells

From reading from Office for National Statistics, though, it doesn’t seem to be the case that consent is needed to report deaths. Consent doesn’t seem to be needed for aggregate reporting like number of deaths from corona virus.
  23. rainbowbluebells

I did not know that about France. I don’t know if it’s similar in the UK but there have been reports of people dying of corona virus in the Uk who were refused a test (while Alive) and not even taken into hospital, who died 24 hours later. No idea if theyeven given a test. And today from the...
  24. rainbowbluebells

We are also going to be getting antibody testing soon, not for the entire population but a sample. If it’s not “accurate” the govt won’t be publishing results. if it’s “accurate” they will publish results. They want to check the degree of immunity in population. It’s an antibody test, so it...
  25. rainbowbluebells

Getting shopping delivered during the Coronavirus in uk

This is so helpful. Thank you! I’ve passed this info on to friends and family.
  26. rainbowbluebells

Covid-19 is not just “one of many viruses”. It is particularly lethal and has particular costs on the health system. Your last argument particularly has a fallacy - that can be true of anything. Does that mean we stop treating everything and stop doing medicine altogether? Covid-19 brings down...
  27. rainbowbluebells

Thanks, I didn’t know that. However I did see on news last night that The Met Police were quite scathing because they felt the new laws put them in a “very very difficult position”, and they hadn’t been briefed on anything or how they were meant to enforce these new rules.
  28. rainbowbluebells

Yes - the whole world has to work in tandem.
  29. rainbowbluebells

Worth knowing that is a political and economic decision taken by the government, not a scientific one. It is certainly possible to eradicate the virus. The reason political and economic factors come into it, is because of the third advisory group in SAGE, the one relating to “behaviours”. This...