• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Documentary: Undercover in German Lyme Clinics

90%, how do you know? I was negative on this, by the way (LTT borderline)...
  2. E

My experience with KDM and Lyme

@tyson oberle Do you know if Dr Montoya is planning to do trials with the Jak 1 inhibitor for ME/cfs?
  3. E

Questions for Jen Brea

@suevu ad 3) I found this video explicating an alternative, but I can't assess the scientific value of it. Is it promo? I don't know...
  4. E

Recommendations on ways to rest with little to no cognitive activity?

Hi Dave, I suppose it depends on what are your areas of interest. For me, for instance, I find knitting very relaxing, as is diamond painting or painting by number (free app). I can read (or listen to) easy books. Music on the other hand is too much a stimulus for me. You have to try and find...
  5. E

Nicotinamide Riboside/NAD+

I have been using this: https://www.lifeextensioneurope.com/nad-cell-regeneratortm-nicotinamide-riboside-100-mg-30-vegetarian-capsules, 1 or 2 in the morning on days I expect or have PEM. My impression is that it worked ok for some months, afterwards the effect was less.
  6. E

Documentary: Undercover in German Lyme Clinics

There has been a lot of criticism against the Danish undercover documentary. Some Danish patients have made their own reply to the documentary, with the title 'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark' because they found there were too much things untrue: Difficult to know what to believe...
  7. E

Belgian newspaper Nieusblad has reported that De Meirleir is being prosecuted

Although I agree with this and it is the core of the problem with our disease, the article in Apache (source of the newspaper cf my posting above) has nothing to do with healthcare or treatment choices. It's all about politics. If you don't follow the guidelines as a doctor in Belgium (being bad...
  8. E

Belgian newspaper Nieusblad has reported that De Meirleir is being prosecuted

I find it hard to understand why the article on Apache (the source for the newspaper Het Nieuwsblad) was published on 4 Oct. The law suit investigation concerning Nexavir started around 25 Sept, so it is hardly 'hot' news. Furthermore it doesn't treat extensively the treatments nor the disease...
  9. E

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

thank you, @ljimbo423, but as it is an Italian (original) product, I was first looking in Italy. shipping is not free, but still cheaper e.g. over here. I wonder if someone has experience with italian delivery systems and how they deal with prescriptions. After all, for me this is the EU with a...
  10. E

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

Does anyone know where you can order Normix 200mg (rifaximina), antibiotics for SIBO, online in Europe at reasonable price?
  11. E

Guilt and Self-doubt... Help?

The way I see it, is that if you really were lazy and could do more, you wouldn't torture yourself with these questions, you wouldn't care. And you do care, so what you feel is real, although tough to accept...