• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

POLL: How far were you living from a mobile phone base station mast when your ME/CFS first appeared?

There was no such thing when I became sick. I voted 500 meters or more, but it's a bit misleading.
  2. E

Are you getting better with this approach?

Here's an update. Been doing fairly well, but this morning it feels like I'm in a major crash. What did I do differently? Yesterday I had 1) more coffee than usual 2) some dairy and 3) an egg. The weather has also been rainy, and than never helps. So today I'm back to being strict about...
  3. E

Many thanks to everyone for your continued participation in this discussion. Your input is very much appreciated!
  4. E

This is what I've been thinking too. I'm also noticing that some of the high-thiol foods have a strong affect (chocolate, dairy), some have little to no affect, and some foods that don't seem to be high thiol make me very tired and sick (coconut milk "ice cream" was awful). So there probably...
  5. E

Thanks, everyone. Quick update. I've decided to make some slight modifications to my daily care. I already do mitochondrial support with a variety of supplements and have begun a low-thiol diet and added methyl b-12 to my routine (sublingual). The main foods I am avoiding which I consumed in...
  6. E

Thank you. I'm sorry that happened to you. I will indeed be cautious. Mainly thinking about just making dietary changes at this point.
  7. E

Thanks. I'm taking a look at the papers now.
  8. E

Yes, I've already been told it's "nonsense" in another section, but it's not clear why that opinion is so strongly held by some. That's why I'm asking for the positive experiences of others around this issue. Experiences matter to me, as having worked in medical research I know there are many...
  9. E

Hi all, I'm generally a lurker here but have been looking at the methylation question lately. I've received a lot of conflicting advice in another forum about whether or not the genetic profile of methylation impairment is even clinically significant. I do have some mutations that would...
  10. E

Need help interpreting Genetic Genie results

Thank you for your replies. MAO-A R297R is at rs6323 and is TT. As for my personal level of aggressiveness, I have a pretty long fuse but there is a line that most people don't know exists until they cross it. Then they wish they hadn't. Not a physically violent person, but definitely not...
  11. E

That's pretty interesting. The Genetic Genie analysis suggests otherwise, so I guess I'll just take a stab at methylation and see if things get better. Frustrating that even science-based information isn't going to give me a straight-up answer.
  12. E

Thank you, Valentijn. Yes, it appears to be the other mutations that may be causing more of the problems but they are not as "famous" as the MTHFR so I've been able to find limited information on them. Having brain fog doesn't help, of course.
  13. E

Hi all, I'm relatively new to this board, though I was here briefly, many years ago. I've been sick for ages (30 years or so) and had long ago given up finding out what was wrong. Luckily my case is mild compared to some, so I've always been functional at a somewhat low level, though it's...