• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. MissCB

Methylation, Vitamin D intolerance-- biochemical interactions?

I just read somewhere.. maybe Chris Kresser? that more and more studies are showing that there are a lot of misconceptions regarding K, while Vitamin K1 is prevalent in leafy greens it has a very low absorption rate as compared to K2 but that K2 is more difficult to consume as most of the foods...
  2. MissCB

Methylation, Vitamin D intolerance-- biochemical interactions?

Have you looked into supplementing K2? I could be wrong but from what I am reading it looks like K2 deficiency will cause vitamin D toxicity.. might be something to look into! I didn't read this whole thread so maybe that was already mentioned...
  3. MissCB

signs of a low copper deficiency?

@paleopup maybe she should look into manganese levels as the pyroluria protocol can deplete this and it is often overlooked.
  4. MissCB

For POTS or for digestion: Instead of Parasym Plus, increase acetylcholine at low cost & naturally

Thank you for sharing! So it sounds like Dr Driscoll is on the right path but just isn't quite there yet with the cure. I know I'm heterozygous for PEMT mutation. I'm curious how many people with POSTS/CFS have mutations in these pathways. I read another study somewhere linking B12 deficiency...
  5. MissCB

For POTS or for digestion: Instead of Parasym Plus, increase acetylcholine at low cost & naturally

Wow @Lolinda that is VERY good to know. Thank you!!!! I just don't get it, I have every symptom of a choline deficiency but can hardly even handle 150 mg of Alpha GPC every other day. I was so excited when reading her book thinking this would be the answer to my prayers. Were you able to...
  6. MissCB

This is probably old news to you guys but I want to share this link Dr. D sent me. I seem to have better luck cutting my Alpha GPC dosage in half and only taking every other day along with B12 (I read somewhere on NCBI it's required to assist in the breakdown of choline). As soon as I'm done...
  7. MissCB

Acetylcholine caused crash

Thank you! Best of luck @charlie1 :)
  8. MissCB

Ehlers-Danlos without hypermobility?

I'm curious about this as well.. My symptoms mimic yours and I even had to have jaw surgery to correct my bite. I'm wondering if one can have a type of it, such as vascular, without it being full blown. I have extremely swollen blood vessels and very thin skin at 29 years old but do not think I...
  9. MissCB

Arthritis with all common blood tests negative?

I, too, have pretty severe arthritis with blood tests all negative including RA factor and inflammation markers. A CT scan of my SC joint just showed "bone thickening" and I have lost a great deal of ROM due to this. Now my SI joint is very visibly swollen too with no known cause. Taking SAM E...
  10. MissCB

Driscoll Theory Approach

Thanks. I just spoke with another member on here who ordered the supplements so I'm waiting to see what he thinks. I would like to give them a try but would have to wean my daughter early if I decide to and am not sure if it's worth it.. We will see!
  11. MissCB

@charlie1 Thank you for your reply! I'm so glad you've had success. I'm curious to see how PP works for you. I've been trying to find reviews other than what's on Amazon and the testimonials on her site but really have not seen much, especially recently. I'm going to look into the FODMAP diet...
  12. MissCB

Did you end up trying the individual ingredients or Parasym Plus? I'm curious as to your experience with it. I have Alpha GPC which always eases my POTS symptoms and improves my motility but then is followed my a tingling/ clenching feeling in my brain around 12 hours later. I'm curious if...
  13. MissCB

Driscoll Theory Approach

Has anyone used the Driscoll Theory approach or taken Parasym Plus to treat POTS/ fatigue? I'm reading her book and she describes me to a T but am having trouble finding many reviews of her supplements or of her treatment. Almost everything is from several years ago. I find it weird that she is...
  14. MissCB

Sterling Hill Consult

My anxiety, nerve pain, fatigue, and drunk feelings significantly improve while on it. I've done it 4 different times and every time I feel much better and then the brain sensations start up and freak me out. I came across this last night linking B12 deficiency with decreased acetyl...
  15. MissCB

Sterling Hill Consult

Has anyone had any experience with Sterling Hill directly? I know most of us use her resources to understand our SNP's but can't find anyone with personal experience having used her. I live in KS and can't find anyone that understands methylation or CFS/POTS very well. My symptoms are worsening...
  16. MissCB

Charlie Horse-Like Cramps in feet??

Thank you so much! My potassium has tested within the low end of the range but within it so I hadn't really considered this but I do think it is helping. On another note- I had started taking Alpha GPC as I read choline deficiency can cause this as well as NAFLD and anxiety. It totally cuts the...
  17. MissCB

Thanks, I've actually tried 3 capsules a day of magnesium chelate for several months along with zinc picolinate, vitamin C, methylcobalin, vitamin D but nothing seems to help. Choline helped substantially but then things got much worse so I had to stop it too.
  18. MissCB

I had been managing my fatigue for the most part with gluten free diet but during my pregnancy I developed a rare liver disorder, cholestasis, and since then my health has spiraled out of control. For 9 months now I've been experiencing what feels like the start of a Charlie horse in the soles...
  19. MissCB

Start Low and Go Slow - How to Be Safe On A Methylation Protocol

Thank you for writing this @caledonia ! You mention in your thread that you supplement for SOD. I'm homozygous SOD2 and have read that Ben Lynch recommends supplementing with it too if you are having a reaction (I so far am unable to tolerate any methylfolate even in small doses without severe...
  20. MissCB

That's what I figured..I have been so extremely lightheaded with brain fog too while taking the prenatal with methylfolate plus the 550 mg choline bitartrate so I cut out both a day then only took 150 mg choline and am having bizarre symptoms. I'm extremely lightheaded, cannot think clearly...
  21. MissCB

Yeah I cut the 550 in half and tried taking half the dosage but it didn't seem to change anything. I'm going to try ordering the other form and doing it transdermally but wasn't sure if the lightheaded and dizziness is even a symptom anyone else has experienced before i begin messing with it.
  22. MissCB

I am thrilled to have found this thread. I started taking choline bitartrate 550 mg daily as I developed cholestasis (liver bile backup) during pregnancy and that is when my fatigue, brain fog, and anxiety started. I found research linking everything I was experiencing with choline deficiency...
  23. MissCB

New SNPs Interpretation from Ben Lynch: Strategene

Awesome! Thank you so much for putting this together!!
  24. MissCB

New SNPs Interpretation from Ben Lynch: Strategene

Anyone end up getting this? Does it include any supplement advice or any helpful info at all? I'm trying to figure out which interpretation tool I should use before spending money.
  25. MissCB

Abnormally high lab B12

That is bizarre! I'm not sure what doing cause elevated numbers without taking it. Could it be your body is not converting food sources to the active form so it is building up in your system?
  26. MissCB

Abnormally high lab B12

That's very helpful, thank you so much!
  27. MissCB

Abnormally high lab B12

I'm still trying to wrap my head around all my SNP's and better understand the methylation process but am just not quite the braniac many of you are. I've been experiencing many of the symptoms of B12 deficiency, the worst being burning pain in my legs and feet. I take 1000 much of Solar...
  28. MissCB

SOD2 Treatment- C60oo Anyone?

Okay I guess that means this is one SNP I don't need to worry about. Thank you! I've been having weird neurological symptoms and am just trying to pinpoint what it could be, I thought maybe this was it.
  29. MissCB

SOD2 Treatment- C60oo Anyone?

I have been researching how to best correct my homozygous GG SOD2 A16V. Has anyone had any luck with C60oo? I would love to hear what has worked and not worked for you! Thank you!! :)
  30. MissCB

SOD2 A16V & Methylfolate Side Effects

Did any of you have any luck supplementing SOD2? I am also homozygous sod2 a16v rs4880 GG along with heterozygous for multiple methylation SNP's and am looking for any information on how to get started as I already have swollen, painful joints and have read methylfolate can worsen them for...