• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

HNMT mutation (histamine)

I've done the Novogenia test http://www.novogenia.com/en/Services/Scientific-Genetic-Studies/Histamine-Intolerance-Study I have all the symptoms of excess mast cell histamine, the mutation they believe cause it and, more important, terrobçe histamine mst cell degranulation (which they also...
  2. J

SYMBOL - HNMT rs - rs1050891 NCBI - A>G POLYMORPH - G/A GENOTYPE RISK - YES
  3. J

My DAO is great. HNMT and DAO are very different problems, I don't understand why people focus so much on DAO when HNMT / methylation problems are probably more prevalent because they're genetic in nature. Thanks for the link - but some of the things mentioned there aren't right. People with...
  4. J

Hi! I've been diagnosed with an HNMT mutation and excessive mast cell histamine. I've been taking 200mg of SAM-E twice a day and avoiding cold / histamine liberator foods. This helps but does not solve the problem... any tips for increasing HNMT production? Thanks!
  5. J

Problems with Histamine-releasing Foods

Hi mermaid, thanks for the tips - I'm new here and therefore clueless about stuff like tagging. I will check the board, thanks. I hope Gandalf is still around, I'm curious. I know the DAO test is not always accurate but I'm positive my problem is connected to methylation, let's see...
  6. J

Problems with Histamine-releasing Foods

Hi Gandalf, Sorry for reviving an old thread. I've been having histamine problems and they are not DAO related (test was more than OK) so I'm trying to figure out if it's methylation, MCAS or lack of HNMT. I don't know German so I'm limited to the English version of your website - in that list...