• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Comment by 'arewenearlythereyet' in 'Journal from my Moderation Cell, Day 2'

Are you going to be empress one day?
  2. A

Mrs Sowester's Magic Beans

I think it's a disgrace posting up private communication on a site like this. It says in very clear letters if you click through to the details section and scroll down 2 pages, that fart follow through will happen for at least 13 weeks after the boils and carbuncle phase subsides. Visiting...
  3. A

Thank you Mrs S :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
  4. A

I know that some apricot kernels (often found in savoury seed mixes cough cough bird food ) also contain Cyanide ...I think 5 kernels have enough to kill an infant...perhaps some savoury bean mixes with added apricot kernels and salt for orthostatic intolerance ...mustn't forget the POTs market.
  5. A

I suggest some alternating high low promotional activity that you contrive together to both cash in ...I won't report you both to trading standards...honest
  6. A

Another "Oh Well" thread.

Goodbye @Wonko yes posts are disappearing rapidly aren't they ? I look forward to hearing your refreshing take on things soon ..your comments often brighten up my day and make me laugh/appeals to my warped sense of humour
  7. A

Farewell, until we meet again

Goodbye trish. I love your sense of humour and critical mind it will be a real loss to PR if you leave
  8. A

Yeah the rash...that's just before the boils hit...just think of those things bursting out all the poison you have collected over the years from to masts and microwave ovens....it's all good...same for the chronic diahorrea ..better out than in...do watch out for the wind though ....follow...
  9. A

I would definitely ask for an exclusive
  10. A

I'm pretty sure the ancient Egyptians liked a lot of gold and ancient Chinese herbalists so I think there may be something in this ..after all all those years of it working can't be argued with
  11. A

Perhaps even a blog or two?
  12. A

You can now get Darth Vader toasters for when you want it really dark.
  13. A

Hey how about making the pills look like skittles? You could put letters on them like the periodic table ...apart from bleach ...you might need a lozenge shape pill for that one
  14. A

Bloody big Pharma...I bet these are great with none of those evil fillers like "talc" I mean who uses talc anyway its probably full of nasty additives and who knows what affecting our gut biomes.
  15. A

Thats just the detox reaction...it shows they are working
  16. A

Thank goodness...at last a breakthrough after being hamstrung for so long...I would like to pay a bit extra for the premium option...either chewable like @Snowdrop suggests or enteric coated. I would also like to know whether you have a specially active form of the bleach variety...I know its a...
  17. A

Some concerns about homeopathy

I'm going to say no. This is for the same reason I wouldn't go up on stage and be hypnotised.....I just don't like the idea of being manipulated. It's like an invasion of privacy for me.
  18. A

Why We Find And Expose Bad Science (food science)

Goes to show that there are always some rogues who don't like following the rules that everyone else uses. Nutrition is the arse end of food science, where much pseudoscience thrives (a bit like psychiatry and some areas of neurology in medicine)...seems like the pattern is Not very good...
  19. A

UK source of methylfolate (other than Metafolin)

I uses Jarrows Methylfolate also available from Amazon uk
  20. A

does stomach acid kill probiotics? SIBO conundrum

Many food poisoning bacteria poison you through toxins. Some of these are endotoxins released from the cell when they are digested. Generally microorganisms can survive the stomach acid otherwise we wouldn't have a gut flora at all. The issue is "viable ph" to allow them to grow and become...
  21. A

BPSers using new research to justify psychological treatments

ridiculous. Nice that she got a plug for her new book in at the end. I got a bit confused about whether she was a basket ball player or a sales and marketing person...perhaps she now has so much energy after her "treatment" she can do both. So happy for Carla if she exists.
  22. A

More from Science Medica Centre on SMILE

We really need a TV expose to highlight this nonsense visually....Louis Theroux springs to mind
  23. A

Observations & questions after a relapse

I've noticed a couple of things. When I use my upper body for lifting and carrying, this can cause PEM, whereas light walking, or activities split up with a lot of rest breaks can mean I can do a lot more before getting PEM. I've also noticed that there seems to be a cumulative effect over...
  24. A

"You and yours" BBC phone in on "chronic fatigue" -26 sept

So many things I would like to say :rofl:
  25. A

Not all steps are "created" equal !

Since I got heart rate monitoring easier, I have found this. Some days the same walk to school to pick up my son raises my heart rate more than other days. Fast heart rate signals bad days for me. I have a limit of 4000 steps, but more importantly I keep my heart rate within those steps...
  26. A

ME/CFS Collaborative Research Centers & Data Management Center Announcements

I can't believe this ...talking to patients, being open with the community and having a vested interest is a bad thing?. Sounds as contrived as the UK. This was our biggest opportunity to get to the heart of the problem rather than skirt around the periphery of symptoms. I would say publish...
  27. A

I suspect that the BBC has a policy to protect researchers from cross examining "vexatious activists".
  28. A

"Unrest" review in NY Times

I think we all want a happy ending of sorts...perhaps not as processed, over researched and distorted as the Disney version though. I've cut down on sugar in real life ....the virtual sugar from these films are a little too much for me ...I like my fiction to be like an espresso: complex, needs...
  29. A

New Times article on NICE (mostly good)

yes..I am aware of all those things...I don't think my understanding is faulty My opinion still remains that arguing over the name is pretty pointless until the point can be argued with facts around an accurate diagnosis based on a scientific understanding of the disease rather than rather...
  30. A

Oh and Charles didn't get a reply back to her...which is Annoying. Maybe it was prerecorded interviews? They did say though that this is the biggest telephone response they have had for that programme