• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Gupta theory on amygdala overreacting...can someone help explain why some do or don't end up with it

Gupta only cares about your money. If you request a refund, they don’t do a normal refund through paypal because of the new policy where the seller doesn’t get their transaction fees back when they do a refund. Now they just send you the money and stick you with the fees. If they actually cared...
  2. R

MCV higher after b12 shots

I have also always had a slightly elevated mcv around 95 or 96. I thought b12 shots would help but it went up to 98. I dont think my thyroid is very good so maybe that is part of the reason for my mcv but when I took megafood b12 it was 93 so I am going to try that again. Im not sure about my...
  3. R

That makes sense that could be it! Ugh now I have all these b12 shots I don't know what to do with.
  4. R

Yes I did take a supplement with 800mcg folate but not too regularly. Now I switched to one with 400mcg. Hopefully it will be enough if I take it every day. What is a good dose to take? I thought I might have been overdoing it with 800.
  5. R

I started taking hydroxocobalamin shots and my MCV got higher than its ever been. Does anyone know why this might be? I was also chelating mercury if that could have anything to do with. Im just wondering if the b12 shots are actually bad for me. It seems like the white moons on my fingernails...
  6. R

DMSA at a low dosage

Thank you I heard of that group before! I was looking for it but was never able to find it! I'm so excited to finally join haha
  7. R

DMSA at a low dosage

Thank you! I looked up the acfanatics group but it was for some celebrity. I will chelate though and hopefully it will help me. :)
  8. R

DMSA at a low dosage

I'm glad to hear it's not that low of a dose! No I don't have mercury amalgams. I believe I was exposed to mercury in utero. But I'm confused if it is worth chelating? Cutler's book says that chelating only increases mercury excretion by 30%, which doesn't sound like it helps very much. Is it...
  9. R

DMSA at a low dosage

I just started taking 25mg DMSA and ALA today and I don't know if I can handle a higher dose. I feel all woozy and weird. I know this is a really low dose though. Do you think it is ok? Is it going to take me like 10 years to detox at this rate?
  10. R

Sulfate Testing

What time of day should you test urine sulfates? In the morning it is high, but later on it is low. I am losing faith that it means anything since it seems to depend on how concentrated your urine is. Not sure if I should continue on this low sulfur diet.
  11. R

Cutler Chelation Protocol

Is it in the hair test book or the amalgam one?
  12. R

Cutler Chelation Protocol

Which book should I get if I want to do this protocol?
  13. R

Hair Mineral Analysis Help Interpreting

Yes, the symptoms seem very similar to those of histamine intolerance as well. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to detox mercury even if it isn't the main problem. Did you notice at least some benefit from the chelation therapy?
  14. R

Thank you very much for the info. I have a lot of symptoms of mercury toxicity so I was wondering if I have that.
  15. R

Trace Elements. You can't tell anything from this? :( Any idea where I got such high strontium? I couldn't find any info about that online.
  16. R

Can someone tell me what my hair mineral analysis means? Are there any hidden toxicities?
  17. R

Where Can I get Hydroxocobalamin without a prescription?

How often should you give yourself the shots? I'm going to get 1000mcg hydroxycobalamin.
  18. R

Where did I get mercury poisoning?

Thank you! It sounds like I could have inherited it since I have hypermobile joints. That's what I read in Cutler's book excerpt anyway!
  19. R

The first one treated me for an ulcer even though he knew it didn't explain all my symptoms. Another time, they thought I was having a panic attack or something and just not breathing good. Another doctor thought I had hyperthyroidism but if anything I have a slow thyroid. They always think I'm...
  20. R

Are they in led bulbs or just cfs? I do have led bulbs.
  21. R

I have done a hair analysis but it didn't show high mercury. I know it can be hidden though. I want to get Cutler's book, I just found out about it on this forum. I don't eat a lot of fish, and it doesn't seem like I have a lot of exposure but it sounds so much like me. I was tested for...
  22. R

Also, I can't seem to get enough b12 even though I take a lot! And I just read that those exposed before birth have hypermobile joints. That's me! I was born with a dislocated hip as well.
  23. R

I am extremely nervous and startle very easily. I have tachycardia and mood swings, as well as blurry vision. My short term memory is bad but I am good at remembering other things. When I was taking curcumin, I shook really badly, felt like passing out a lot, had stomach pains, trouble...
  24. R

Removal of Orthopedic Hardware

Please help. I think I need to take it out if I ever want to feel better but I am worried it could release too much metal into my body and be dangerous. I don't know what to do. I know all doctors say titanium isn't dangerous but I want another opinion. I don't think my body can handle any more...
  25. R

It sounds like I have all the symptoms of mercury toxicity but I don't have any dental fillings, so could I still have it? Could I still have mercury in my body from vaccines as a child?
  26. R

Problems with Histamine-releasing Foods

My stomach hurts a lot whenever I eat pineapple or tomato. Tomato also gives me UTI symptoms. I guess it's the histamine. I have MAO and DAO mutations.
  27. R

Removal of Orthopedic Hardware

I've seen a lot of information on amalgam removal but nothing on the removal of orthopedic hardware. Does anyone have experience with this? I have had a titanium plate in my hip for 25 years and I have a lot of symptoms of metal toxicity. I can't have any sulfur or I get heart palpitations. I've...