• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Am I low in Copper?

Yes I did have this worry in the back of my mind, that I was in the early stages of hemochromatosis. I was going to retest in 3 months to check if I was storing more iron/if my transferrin saturation was still elevated. The test in hand was questionable since I was dehydrated (though I was in a...
  2. C

Am I low in Copper?

Yeah that's why I'm not too concerned since my Ferritin levels are normal (126), last check of ferritin was in 2009 and it was 101, so my iron stores have increased by 25 units in 7 years! I've read by the time people are first diagnosed with Hemochromatosis they are suffering with a great...
  3. C

Am I low in Copper?

You're most likely right, though at the time of testing i was taking a Copper supplement alone (helps absorption of Iron) and avoiding Zinc (iron antagonist). Also when I took the test in the morning I was a little dehydrated (only had a sip of water) which i've read can give higher Iron...
  4. C

Am I low in Copper?

Interesting, I'll definitely be looking into Selenium then. I've also read it's quite difficult to test Copper levels since it's stored in tissue like you say, though I guess if Serum Copper levels are low in the blood then you are going to be deficient since the body stores have nothing left...
  5. C

Am I low in Copper?

I tested my Iron a while ago and it came back high: Iron Status. Iron * 34.44 umol/L. 10.600 - 28.300 T.I.B.C. 50.94 umol/L. 41.000 - 77.000...
  6. C

Am I low in Copper?

Hi, thanks for all your input! I was conflicted if I was actually Copper deficient since my Serum Cu was ok (14.1), it was the slightly low Ceruloplasmin (0.18) that had me stopping the Zinc and taking the Copper supplements. It would make sense that if my body was truly deficient in Copper...
  7. C

Am I low in Copper?

Hi there, apologies if this is posted in the wrong section of the forum. I'm currently trying to deal with suspected low Copper levels. I'd taken a 15mg Zinc supplement daily (without copper) for 3 years now (also 300mg Magnesium at night for sleep), mainly for hormone benefits. Around 6...