• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. alethea

Niacin Crash, Salt Craving, Micro Dose LSD

Niacin status has been implicated in many disease states. If you go to Google or Google Scholar and input "Alzheimer's niacin," for instance, you'll be reading for weeks. My mother (Alzheimer's) has been borderline hyponatremic in the past (low blood sodium). She even had a doctor tell her to...
  2. alethea

Brain pH, Permission to Vasoconstrict or Vasodilate

I have been looking at the pH of the brain, and also how the body perceives the forces in its environment. As you will recall from physics, we treat this as an inertial field, but I have been arguing that it is an inertia that masks two hidden forces—the exploding force, and the collapsing...
  3. alethea

Does the brain's perception of time and pH play a role?

@Tammy @ljimbo423 Thanks guys 😘 Tammy - I have a cursory familiarity with Haramein's work—the broad principles more than the maths ;)
  4. alethea

I've learned a lot from Klee Irwin, of Quantum Gravity Research, who sees the universe in terms of information, and believes consciousness may be structured like a language. I'm interested in the idea that you can't store information inside a volume of space, only on its surface area (also...
  5. alethea

Thank you, Yippee, for your contribution. Often new ideas can seem a little crazy at first, and those of us who present them expect pushback. I take no offense, and wish you good health.
  6. alethea

@katabasis I was looking for the first person who suggested we might be living in a black hole. I believe it was 1973, I used to have the article but I seem to have lost it, do you happen to know? Screen light can hurt my eyes (and confuse my pineal gland!), so I am going to sign off for a...
  7. alethea

I disagree. We need to constantly play catch-up, we have had to re-calibrate, omit entire years, omit years again, wonk around with the labels (October should be 8; November should be 9, etc.) when trying to get a working calendrical system. Because we do not have a fundamental unit of time that...
  8. alethea

Many people believe this is a singularity. Many believe we could be living inside a black hole. My favorite is Nikodem Poplawski. https://www.insidescience.org/news/every-black-hole-contains-new-universe "In 1915 Einstein wrote the leading description of gravitation in modern physics, also...
  9. alethea

Because I am arguing that time has a fundamental unit, 27,729 days (or ~76 years). Next, I am asking: Might time's fundamental unit have a relationship to a "fundamental unit" of light? Might a "fundamental unit" of light be measured from eclipse to eclipse? To date (trying to save you some time...
  10. alethea

Water is a form of matter. This is widely referred to as a fourth state of matter in the literature. A simple search on Google scholar should generate the articles for you.
  11. alethea

With energy, we speak of density. With matter, we speak of speed.
  12. alethea

Precisely. What I am arguing is that time is only slower or faster from the perspectives of energy and matter, respectively; and that this difference in the perception of time's speed is balanced by the "state" (speed) of light in matter and energy. At the speed of light—when light is light—time...
  13. alethea

I share Miriam Freud's belief that psychoanalysis is outdated and narcissistic—and, I would add, has contributed greatly to the death of empathy, teaching five generations of souls to assign psychiatric labels to other people instead of trying to imagine what it feels like to be them. I realize...
  14. alethea

In terms of Einsteinian relativity, what I am talking about—as you aptly noted, in the beginning—is frame of reference. Past, present, and future are not linear in the way we imagine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity#/media/File:Relativity_of_Simultaneity_Animation.gif
  15. alethea

To go back to the beginning, and our discussion of Einstein, I am an adherent of those who believe this is a singularity, wherein everything happens at once. When you speak of "that first moment of the Big Bang," you lose me. (You also lose me when you question the consciousness of dinosaurs...
  16. alethea

To be precise, I am not arguing that matter or energy may "emerge as light." I am arguing that light may emerge as matter or energy. Within a certain bandwidth—27,729 days—light will appear as light (light qua light). But if we were to eclipse that limit—i.e., to view the present moment from...
  17. alethea

katabasis, though we passionately disagree, I trust and respect you, and admire your intelligence. So I will assume, in spite of the occasional suggestion to the contrary, that you actually read the paper whose contents we are discussing here, called "The Speed of Time in Health and Disease." It...
  18. alethea

Ah, yes. The old "coincidence" explanation. The old coincidence explanation always makes me smile. I strive to have childlike eyes, and to look at the world with beginner's mind, but if you honestly see "coincidence" in the following, you possess an innocence I can only admire and aspire to...
  19. alethea

katabasis, my friend, I think you are missing the point. The observer is the center of the universe. The center is not the sun. It is the observer. This is neither new nor controversial. The Copernican model is outdated and inaccurate. To continue to invoke Copernicus and Newton is to cling to...
  20. alethea

It is as if we are watching a movie. You are talking about what is happening in the movie. I am talking about the movie's speed. https://www.simulation-argument.com
  21. alethea

Study reveals substantial evidence of holographic universe: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2017/01/holographic-universe.page
  22. alethea

Yes. I believe we are mistaken at a fundamental level. I share the view of physicist Lawrence M. Krauss, who said this of the Cosmic Microwave Background: “But when you look at CMB map, you also see that the structure that is observed, is in fact, in a weird way, correlated with the plane of...
  23. alethea

Yes, I can clarify what I mean by frame of reference. I mean that, since there is substantial evidence that this is a holographic universe, we should treat the frame of reference as the speed of light. You are speaking about images on a tapestry. All of your examples are grounded in Newtonian...
  24. alethea

Special relativity requires a frame of reference. What I'm doing is shifting the frame of reference to the speed of light. The past is the station the speeding train departs from. From the perspective of the the departing station, the train will appear to be accelerating and expanding. The...
  25. alethea

If my brain (my pineal gland) does not understand the speed of light, it will not understand the speed of time. If it thinks light is colder than it is, it will think time is faster than it is. It is reading from the perspective of the past (ME/CFS?). Or, if it thinks light is hotter than it...
  26. alethea

I suspect that, because of the act of rendering, light can exhibit characteristics of paradox. When it eclipses the speed of light, precipitating out of solution, it’s “too cold because it’s too fast.” When it dips beneath the speed of light, burning up, it’s “too hot because it’s too slow.”...
  27. alethea

What I (and many others; I am not trying to suggest that this idea is original to me) am suggesting is that the world—the image of the world, i.e. what we see—is not static, like a painting. It has a speed, like a movie. And the movie has a proper speed. It is being rendered. This rendering...
  28. alethea

What I am talking about, really, is not reality. But rather how reality is being perceived. In a way it is more cognitive science than physics. Does scale play a role in perception, time, and disease? I don’t know. But this is a photograph of human remains—the Atacama skeleton—whose scale looks...