• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Jill T

Bedside Chats with Ben: Ron Davis

Thanks so much for this informative talk, @Ben H, @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) and Ron Davis! I have a question for Ron: He says that genetic material from viruses (EBV, CMV, HHV6, etc.) is undetectable in the patient's blood, and that, if a virus was active anywhere in the body, its residue would...
  2. Jill T

Comorbidity in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

What about orthostatic intolerance (Lots have POTS!), IBS, interstitial cystitis (and other urinary issues), EDS, heart issues?
  3. Jill T

POTS- Finding a CFS/lyme friendly (or any) doctor willing to test for POTS- Toronto, Ontario

@sarah-jane I am housebound with ME/CFS and POTS, and live in Toronto. In Ontario, the POTS experts are Dr. Juan Guzman and Dr. Carlos Morillo in Hamilton. For me, that's too far to go. In Toronto, there is an Arrythmia clinic at St. Michael's hospital with tilt table testing (which can be...