• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Liver/Immune results anyone?

Thanks heaps rlc - thats a pretty useful website! im pretty sure the doc did the brucellosis test but I'll definitely check it out!
  2. E

Antidepressant withdrawal...

Wow I guess I was a bit naive and didnt realize what a minefield this whole issue of antidepressants is. Hopefully along with CFS science will get a better handle on these drugs soon! It's just so tricky trying to separate the symptoms of depression and CFS. From my reading I get the feeling...
  3. E

Hi rlc Its a pattern that seems to have been happening since i got a gastro which kicked off my cfs some years ago. Its frustrating because the docs order all sorts of tests that end up not showing much. Basically what seems to happen when i get run down is the liver enzymes (ALT/AST ALT higher)...
  4. E

Hi All I know ME/CFS shouldnt do it but I've always seemed to have liver/immune abnormalities when my fatigue is worst. During my last episode which was quite bad I had hepatitis (AST 700+) and immune activity (elevated ESR, C-reactive protein and metamyelocytes). I've seen a lot of doctors...
  5. E

Antidepressant withdrawal...

Hi All Was wondering about people's experiences with swapping or stopping antidepressants. Do you think ME/CFS has relevance? Has anyone been able to stop taking an antidepressant after long term use? I've found the whole process of trying to get off SSRIs caused a ME relapse. Any similar...