• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Extreme reaction to methylfolate

Tina, You mention in your sig that you are homozygous for your TCN2 gene? I assume you mean homozygous GG? If so, I carry the same mutation, and also cannot tolerate methylfolate. Recent research has shown that those with TCN2 776C→G polymorphism are prone to peripheral neuropathies and nerve...
  2. K

Poor Methylation Reaction - Tingling Legs, Increased Heart Rate, Depression

Hi @lakesarecool, Could you PM me? I have had a very similar experience to yours... ended up in the ER twice, had what I took to calling "spirals" of intense suicidal depression, tremors, tingling and burning in legs, etc. Like waves washing over me. Elevated heart rate (like 160 on waking up)...
  3. K

Question about B12 deficiency

I had a trip to the E. R. after about two weeks of palpitations that then worsened into tachycardia and extreme shortness of breath. Standard blood work, and all the tests at the E. R. showed nothing wrong. They could only tell me I wasn't having a heart attack. One stellar physician told me I...
  4. K

B12 side effect- Acne?

Hi @Rita1979, Have you tried adding in Vitamin E? I take 800 IU daily, and use a Vitamin E face cream after I wash my face (twice daily). When I lapse in this routine, I often start to break out, but for the most part this keeps my skin clear. The one exception has been a bad spate of...
  5. K

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I'm so glad to see you mention this! I have been on the protocol for about six weeks now, and while the general trajectory is up, I do seem to have a great day followed by a day where my symptoms and general fatigue are much worse. I am also curious as to whether others have experienced this...