• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Insight anyone?

As I said, there are flaws in his ideas and there are people who find him absolutely insane. I get that. I can't say I 100% agree that he knows what he is talking about in all aspects, but when something works for you it works. I never had benefits from sole usage of magnesium -- it was in...
  2. C

Insight anyone?

Hopefully the image works. The image explains the how. The theory is that increased ceruloplasmin will bind with the unbound iron and copper which will stop feeding viruses/bacteria among other things. I understand that not everyone wants to be a part of Facebook, but unfortunately I don't...
  3. C

Insight anyone?

What was missed is that the website is infrequently updated and the majority of the information shared is in the Facebook group. The idea is that excess unbound iron and copper in the body causes a lot of problems for many people (it feeds bacteria and viruses among other things), and that the...
  4. C

Insight anyone?

Its much more in depth than that. I would be happy to tell you more about it if you're actually interested -- it seems however from your light investigation and response that you are not.
  5. C

Insight anyone?

Its a protocol developed by Morley Robbins in his Magnesium Advocacy Group on Facebook. The goals of it are to raise RBC magnesium levels and ceruloplasmin levels, rid the body of excess unbound iron and copper, and balance the rest of the minerals in the body. Adrenal fatigue. Yes.
  6. C

Insight anyone?

Interesting. I knew about the hypertension, but not hypokalemia. If it is due to the glycyrrhizin though it doesn't explain what happened to me -- I was taking DGL licorice root.
  7. C

Insight anyone?

Sorry for any confusion -- I was ensuring an extra 700mg per day on top of what was already in my diet. What I am thinking is that perhaps it was enough to diminish any adverse reactions to so much magnesium, but not enough overall leaving me with a deficit. Thank you for explaining. I didn't...
  8. C

Insight anyone?

Interesting, thank you for your input! When taking the large amounts off magnesium daily I was also getting extra potassium from food sources, about 700mg a day. Do you think its possible that I wasn't getting enough, so when tried to start magnesium again I was quite depleted? I suppose at this...
  9. C

Insight anyone?

When taking that amount I had no side effects. My blood pressure was at my normal, around 100/60-70. Its only after I stopped taking that amount that small doses (25mg) cause the side effects of orthostatic hypotension.
  10. C

Insight anyone?

Interesting -- I hadn't really considered that it was because another nutrient was lacking causing what I assume you're saying could be lack of absorption? I would have assumed if I wasn't absorbing the magnesium that it would go out through the bowel, not cause all of the problems it causes me...
  11. C

Insight anyone?

Hello everyone, I am new here and was hoping that someone here would be able to offer insight into a peculiar problem I have been facing. About 7 months ago I started taking a bunch of supplements (mostly the MAG protocol + licorice root and probiotics) and was starting to feel a lot better...