• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Bladean

Colchicine side effects or herx reaction

Good point in both directions. Maybe people with cfs have an different penetration of BBB, and or the stimulation of immune system produces reactions not seen in "normal" people. I hope that with time, my sides goes down but not the positives.. let's see
  2. Bladean

I read that in vivo, the ratio of colchicine to cross BBB it's very low, to explain this GABA antagonism, I think also if colchicine had in vivo gaba antagonism would have side effects listed in label like convulsions, also anxiety at least on me not correspond to half life of the colchicine. I...
  3. Bladean

thank you for the replies. Let's see over time how it develops
  4. Bladean

I have mild cfs, for 15 years now. Past lyme, Candida or latent EBV (i have high EBV igg, arround 200), may be the probable causes. I also test positive for genetic test HLA-5. (but I dont have any Beçet symptoms) I just started colchicine 0,5mg daily, I feel less fatigued these days but my...
  5. Bladean

THYMIDINE KIINASE BLOOD TEST

Hello Anybody knows if there an relation between very low blood values of thymidine kinase and an possible chronic viral infection? Thank you
  6. Bladean

Valtrex making me angry and depressed!

Hello What dosage of Famvir are you using? Thanks
  7. Bladean

Valtrex and stop-restart treatment

Hello I have CFS due to Epstein bar, IGG VCA of 350-500 in average. I begun Valtrex, but side effects are very bad at low dose of 1000mg, I have incurable Candida (I think that is due to inmune imbalance) and looking the metabolism of Valalcyclovir, part of it are metabolized by aldehyde...