• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Brain on Fire: Widespread Neuroinflammation Found in ME/CFS by Jarred Younger

I smoke it, vape it, eat it, drink it, grow it... lol, I live in Colorado, very cannabis friendly. I've never had canna-tea, I'll have to put that on my list. It can be definitely a sleep aid but be sure to know what strain you have. Indica's are the goto strain for sleep, sativa's are way to...
  2. S

Brain on Fire: Widespread Neuroinflammation Found in ME/CFS by Jarred Younger

My health issue is definitely inflammation. Some things that have helped are a low inflammation diet (Keto), cannabis and a Rife machine. Cannabis works to reduce inflammation at the cellular level. It seems to last 2-6 hours. The Rife machine works longer term (I've had relief for a week or two...
  3. S

Viral Parkinsonism

Jes If I understand correctly, intravenous acyclovir works much faster but is quite expensive. I just haven't heard too much about ME patients with having it intravenously, unless as noted an acute infection (IE; HSV encephalitis). For the pill version valacyclovir seems to be favored and more...
  4. S

Viral Parkinsonism

Thanks Jes The only reason I mention HSV-1, is that I could find scientific articles of people having HSV-1 and their treatment of intravenous acyclovir. I understand it's acute and most if not all treatment is for an acute infection. My highest titer level of all the viruses active happen to...
  5. S

Viral Parkinsonism

Thanks Hip, very good stuff, thank you very much! Daffodil - I will get tested for Lyme. I am responding favorably with the Valtrex so far but I have a long ways to go. Vegan - I know that Acute Encephalitis is fast acting and lethal. What we are dealing with in ME seems to be a low grade...
  6. S

Viral Parkinsonism

Hello all. I am new to this CFS/ME world but I think it fits more closely to what I am dealing with. I started off 4 plus years ago with shoulder blade pain, neck pain,, rigidity (flu-like fatigue) and a tremor. The tremor got all of the attention and I was boxed in with a label right away...
  7. S

First sign of Recovery

Hey Louie, I hope that it is a good sign for you. That just happened to me too. I have been dealing with this thing for four years and recently started Valtrex 2 months ago. I've been cold virus free that entire 4 years until 2 weeks ago and was slammed by a cold virus. All viruses must of...
  8. S

Flu vaccination and ME/CFS

I can't prove it but my first ME symptoms began shortly after a flu shot.
  9. S

Valtrex: what should I expect?

Thanks corn. I do recall reading that now about ketosis now that you jogged my memory. I am taking a Medical Medium (Anthony William) approach to things who says fruit is good.
  10. S

I am already low carb, no sugar, no refined/processed foods. I don't know if I get into keto or not. Sorin - Chronic EBV/fibromyalgia. My Doc treated himself and spouse 25-30 years ago with anti-virals when the "yuppy flu" was going around. He admittedly said he relapses from time to time and...
  11. S

I started 1.5 months on Valtrex (l gram x 3 day) and L-Lysine (same). In addition Vit B complex, AHCC, Alpha CRS, Maitak DMG, Baicalin, tumeric, cats claw, licorice root, immuno DMG (Beta Glucan), CBD. I eat clean, non-gmo mostly fruit smoothies laced with tumeric, ginger, thyme and cilantro...