• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Glycon

Sonya Chowdhury in shock public defence of ME as a biomedical condition ;)

If you wish to dispute my claim, then I think the onus is on you to show that it is false, no? ;)
  2. Glycon

It is really not possible to fund only UK-based studies, fund only research into priority topics, fund only studies approved by the majority of patient activists, and not fund any researchers working within the (long-dominant locally) "biopsychosocial model". Something has got to give...
  3. Glycon

This truism is irrelevant here. What details some of us may or may not have gotten is irrelevant to the general issues. Like the fact that some of our British friends seem to not understand how research grants work, or what constitutes public disclosure. And what does the duration of sickness...
  4. Glycon

"developed and historical knowledge" I agree, @Kati ! I miss making fun of Dr. Jordan!:)
  5. Glycon

@Wildcat I think you have me confused with @RogerBlack - the other guy trying to explain something that should be obvious ITT.
  6. Glycon

Amazingly, Dr. Jordan is quite real. Even though his poop-themed letters to editors and lectures to local libertarians make him look like he couldn't possibly be real! Having an elite made up of Dr. Jordans lord over a racially oppressed people is how you end up with Mugabe. :D
  7. Glycon

True. But I said many things that clearly do not refer to your post as well. Also, I did just specifically say that it wasn't in reference to your post. I see no point in debating the semantics of "ragepost". Especially since, like I just said for the second time, it wasn't about yours. And if...
  8. Glycon

@Wildcat I don't know why you assumed "rageposts" refers to your post, but it doesn't and you have no grounds for feeling insulted by anything I said. Also, my vehemence should be self-explanatory. As is yours. I may not agree entirely with how you direct it, but I don't act surprised when I...
  9. Glycon

Treatment for paediatric CFS/ME and comorbid depression:systematic review

My God! Someone (Booth) actually believes that psychological factors play a role in ME/CFS and at the same time thinks that Crawley's work is sub-par! :p EDIT: Alison Bested... sigh... :rolleyes:
  10. Glycon

@Wildcat There is no "avoidance", since (1) these are separate issues and (2) being unfair to those who (however imperfectly) are working on behalf of the UK ME community can only delay fair treatment of the latter. Forum rageposts (however understandable) may be therapeutic, but they do not...
  11. Glycon

I think people are being unfair to Chowdhury. The reason they are funding Crawley at all is, from what I understand, that they currently wish to support research focusing on severe ME specifically, and there simply aren't that many studies for them to fund, especially once you factor in that...
  12. Glycon

@Kati , a couple of sentences are a poorly worded, but overall I think you've done an excellent job! :thumbsup:
  13. Glycon

By the way, if you read all the materials I quote in this thread, you realize that Dr. Jordan has a bit of a fixation on obesity and feces. Where is Dr. Freud when you need him?! :)
  14. Glycon

@TigerLilea Besides, I'm pretty sure that back in the UK he'd immediately get a Regius Professorship and/or knighthood for his "experience" in the "management" of the "alleged suffering" of patients with CFS.;)
  15. Glycon

Rhodesia, thank you very much! ;) And now, the money shot! And yes, I am sure that "Dr. T. M. A. Jordan" is the same person. He signed both ways under yet another of his letters to the editor (wherein he complains about Canada's public health care system). EDIT: More confirmation that T. M...
  16. Glycon

But let's hear from the man himself! GAWD! Can you imagine being married to this man?!?! :eek:
  17. Glycon

Dr. Timothy Jordan, ladies and gentlemen! October 2007: May 2010: My initial hunch was right! Dr. Jordan is EXACTLY the kind of person who would accuse the chronically sick of trying to weasel their way into disability benefits for their "alleged suffering"!
  18. Glycon

Boy, now I REALLY want to hear from Dr. Jordan's ME/CFS patients! Yep, sounds just like the kind of person who would have written that letter!
  19. Glycon

It is actually worse than White & co. In fact, I am shocked that a real doctor who works with cases of ME/CFS would say something like that in print. Merits further investigation, in my opinion...
  20. Glycon

"PACE and a plea for timely strategic action in the ME community" (ANGLIA ME ACTION 10 October 2016)

Well, they are plugging Plague by Heckenlively & Mikovits, if that helps... I guess no CBT for you, then! ;) ===== Good website, however. It's a bit like what ME Association's would be like if it'd toned down the crazy. :p
  21. Glycon

Dr. Jordan sounds like the grumpier version of the CIHR reviewer. Also, "alleged sufferers"?!?! o_O I mean, even supposing that ME/CFS is a psychological disorder, what kind of doctor would say something like that? It would be interesting to hear from Dr. Jordan's patients concerning what he...
  22. Glycon

Which articles do doctors need to see?

I would also include IACFSME's Primer for Clinical Practicioners. In my opinion, it is superior to IOM's Guide in some ways. In general, I'm inclined to think that at this stage (at least until the results of some of the recent studies are corroborated) it is better to emphasize the studies and...
  23. Glycon

Who's trying to get to bed and get up earlier??

Let me rephrase myself: There are things inside your abdomen that are NOT the stomach but affect what's happening with the stomach. ;)
  24. Glycon

‘Matter over mind: The strange case of the ME study’ | WDDTY magazine | October 2016

The magazine's title is a dead giveaway, even if one is not acquainted with the contents.
  25. Glycon

Wessely - Medical school “banter” denigrating GPs and psychiatrists must stop

Two categories that are admittedly easy to confuse... :D
  26. Glycon

Professor Sir Simon Wessely to be made Regius Professor

I think you just answered your own question! :p
  27. Glycon

Soundtrack of your CFS life…

This thread definitely needs more Frou Frou! :lol: (I think... :cautious:)
  28. Glycon

Professor Sir Simon Wessely to be made Regius Professor

BLASPHEMERS, all of them!!! :p