• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

24 hour cortisol test for night owls

Wow, that's interesting, ok. My reading at 12 noon (my first reading of the day) was very low, 0.61 ng/ml and the rest of my readings were in the normal range. What do you make of that (or what does anyone make of that who's reading this thread)?
  2. M

24 hour cortisol test for night owls

How does this test work if you're a night owl? I took one years ago and the reference range where you're supposed to be the highest is 5-9 am (3.0-6.0 ng/ml). Then from 10 am-2 pm the range is supposed to be 0.5-2.5 ng/ml. But what if you wake up at noon? I assume it's still supposed to be...
  3. M

anyone tried intensive talk therapy?

Because sometimes you have a breakthrough when you get some momentum with lots of consecutive therapy sessions in a short period of time. It is very expensive though as you can imagine.
  4. M

Interesting, what methods did you find not helpful? I have found many not helpful myself.
  5. M

Thank you all for the replies! I was looking more for specifics of anyone who has compared 1 hour a week of therapy to multiple hours a week?
  6. M

Has anyone tried intensive talk therapy? Like 4 hours a week or more? The emotional weight of CFS is so great I'm wondering if that would help. And many of us have suffered a lot even outside of our CFS illness so extra therapy may be beneficial. Once a week therapy has never helped me, I'm just...
  7. M

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

Yes I don't think anyone in the know would ever recommend high dose AAS in the long term. That is always dangerous. It must be cycled on and off.
  8. M

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

Yes, but the problem with "cruising" on a low dose is you get none of the benefits and still some of the downsides. Your normal T shuts off, since it's getting it externally and your overall T is not high enough to feel any ergogenic effects.
  9. M

does early bed time help anyone?

I have always been a night owl, even before my SEID/CFS. I have read so much about how an early bed time (like by 10 pm) is good for fatigue and overall health. Has anyone determined how much difference this makes for their SEID?
  10. M

SEID and antidepressant failure

Atypical antipsychotics have been awful for me in the past, although I have not tried Abilify. But I can't imagine it would be different than the rest of them in a meaningful way. I thank you for your thoughtful responses though. It was informative and interesting to read.
  11. M

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

It is definitely a delicate science to cycle AAS and then successful PCT. But it is done all the time by bodybuilders and athletes. And of course you would not reap the benefits when you are off cycle, but I'd rather feel good at least some of the time, then none of the time :(
  12. M

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

Yes Henrik, that is exactly what I was thinking. And I understand people don't know how AAS works and don't understand how to minimize the risks. But in the end, if it helps you lead a normal life, you simply can't put a price on that.
  13. M

SEID and antidepressant failure

I'm amazed that anyone with SEID ever has success with antidepressants? I know some have decent improvement, even though this is NOT a psychiatric disorder. Don't they either just make you more fatigued or overly stimulated? Especially since they are all either activating or sedating?
  14. M

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

I hope you feel better with it! I do want to clarify that I'm talking about something completely different-- not for hormone replacement, but for ergogenic purposes, meaning they are intended to enhance physical performance, stamina, or recovery. Again, a person would have to cycle on and off of...
  15. M

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

I'd like to keep this thread going. Did anyone experiment with anabolic steroids? Anyone get anymore information? I've been suggesting this for years for the CFS community and was typically met with misunderstandings such as "those are dangerous". Like many pharmaceuticals the risk is small when...
  16. M

epinephrine injections study??

Hello, my friend is a Nurse Practitioner at a Washington State hospital and claims there are doctors there running a study in which they give CFS patients epinephrine injections. Can this be possible? Has anyone heard of this? To me it makes sense logically, but I just can’t find any...