• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Any research about ME/CFS being CAUSED by emotional trauma?

@PracticingAcceptance You can read all of this in The body keeps the score, The Intelligent Body, How to Change your Mind. lots of different pharmacology books, and many web resources.
  2. M

Any research about ME/CFS being CAUSED by emotional trauma?

Theres lots of research. If you're looking for pure science, you could read "The Body Keeps the Score". If by research, you also mean individuals that have recovered by investigating why this happens and what they can do about it, there's quite a few web resources available now as well. You...
  3. M

Vipassana Gave Me Insomnia - Why?

Recovered from CFS. I’ve done 3 Vipassana’s and served 4. Vipassana is extremely hard work. When I had similar insomnia issues, I would lie down in bed to practice so that if I fell asleep, great. In my case (and those of my teachers) the insomnia is actually the beginning of feeling...
  4. M

Heart Rate Variability Test Insights

Many people including myself regard Vipassana as the secret weapon for chronic illness. Interesting how you did one, then fell ill. They are known by those how practice to release trauma.
  5. M

Feel free to search my posts. It’s easier than me writing it out. As a completely recovered person that was mentored by other recovered people, I can’t give advice...lol, BUT, Myself and every other recovered person I know used easily available breathing techniques, yoga, chi qong and...
  6. M

Gupta theory on amygdala overreacting...can someone help explain why some do or don't end up with it

Perhaps reading “the body keeps the score”, “the intelligent body” or anything Gabor Mate can help answer your question like it has for those of that have built a recovery. I myself and other recovered people view Guptas work as a useful tool to compliment our other work. I think most...
  7. M

My Understanding of CFS/ME and How To Heal

I’m glad this thread is alive and well. CMT12 has taken the time to write the road map for recovery that has been discussed in many recovery circles. Trauma as described by beers Van see Kolkata, Kyle Davies, Gabor Mate and many others isn’t to mean a specific incident but rather the creation...
  8. M

Did you do a 10 day vipassana?
  9. M

I used this device as well. Same exact situation. I recovered by researching and then DOING everything known to rewire the PNS. Yoga, meditation, breathing, self ex[ression...etc. To those of us that have recovered, the HRV is literally showing what CFS is and what to do about it.
  10. M

Remission success. How?

I wish more people knew to follow eastern medicine for recovery. Most seem to think of yoga as an exercise and do not research it thoroughly. It puts the body back into energetic alignment.
  11. M

any theories on why nothing seems to cause a nocticeable shift in well-being??

Depends on who you ask. Lots of things help move people toward recovery.
  12. M

Full recovery- is it possible???

Im fully recovers. Lots of people fully recover.
  13. M

At Mark's Daily Apple Website -- Interesting ME/CFS Recovery Story

As a recovered person, what the article doest talk about is that she began to take action in her life to change things and make them better. Thats a process that begins to turn the lights on in other parts of the body.
  14. M

Hope recovery for believers

Best of life to you!
  15. M

Is it possible to get your life back? Has anyone here done it?

Lots of people get there life back. In fact, we get a better one than we left behind....
  16. M

Does Emotional Entertainment Affect Symptoms or Trigger PEM?

Anything that reacts with the central nervous system will affect it. It will be different for everyone. This is why recovery starts with learning what, how, and why you react to everything in your environment.
  17. M

Some older symptoms came back, is there a contagious component to some of these illnesses?

Perhaps you can remove the word flare or remission with "relapse". Try using this word for a while and see where to takes you.
  18. M

If people do recover from post-viral fatigue syndrome without CFS then why can't I find any?

The people that recover (which is most people) feel that spending too much time in this environment is possibly the last place on earth they would want to squander their energy. When you are healthy again, you will clearly see why. We are here to encourage you but thats it. Observations to...
  19. M

Whats The Point?...

What if you spend the same amount of time connecting with recovered people and ask them for advice?
  20. M

Psychologists using forum posts for research papers promoting psych theories of ME

They mearly observed what was actually happening. The interpretation is irrelevant. Everyone can look at the posts and clearly see what the author observed.
  21. M

Reishi experience?

Reishi works great. Like most supplements, when you are hypersensitive, they dont do much. As you recover beyond 80% or so and gain awareness of your body, you can really feel the relaxation.
  22. M

ACTH cortisol stimulation test

I would look at the Cortene article on this site. Its describes the exact process we've talked about here. Funny thing, is that it validates what those of us who are recovered have been exhaustively trying to explain to sufferers. On one hand, I hope it works as discussed, on the other...
  23. M

Do I have Adrenal Fatigue or Cfs ?

We are literally talking about a well known situation(in some circles) that is now being studied as the basis of Cortene.
  24. M

Can't answer that for you. All we are talking about is that in many cases, CFS parallels a known condition that is "referred to" as adrenal fatigue. Specific cortisol patterns have been identified to correlate with fatigue. Its basically showing you something you already know through feeling...
  25. M

At Mark's Daily Apple Website -- Interesting ME/CFS Recovery Story

I am well versed with MDA and this approach. It is a significantly important part of improving our health...no matter what ails you. In my recovery thread, I mentioned understanding what is actually going on biologically and then working backwards to rule things out. Eating and living this...
  26. M

@Sushi I was never tracking my references. Im no academic. All I was focused on was moving out of my hell. It's only now that I wish i was tracking every part of my research evolution. I researched real people that were on the forefront of this eating and crossfit evolution. I was seeing an...
  27. M

Unconscious stress And its hard to quantify scientifically. Heart rate variability is the best known and widely available tool to gauge this. It's a way to measure the engagement delay of the CNS on a basic level. It was explained to me as a "stress bucket" Take all of your known life...
  28. M

ACTH cortisol stimulation test

Yes, there is a lot more to curing CFS. Its not a fundamentally different situation though. As you know, people all present differently, and to make things even more difficult..they describe their situation differently. One of the most effective approaches I used to calm my CNS was...
  29. M

Psychologists using forum posts for research papers promoting psych theories of ME

A couple of well known things to consider. -Looking at only what can be easily observed instead of what is easily believed has been a powerful and successful approach to the most successful people in our history. -People create an interpretation of their own reality that fits their...