• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Peter White resigns?

The Royal Free Hospital Department of Infectious Diseases wanted to enrol me on the PACE trial in 2004. I had been referred there for the investigation and treatment of a specific infection, yet my first appointment was with their CFS clinic. Peter White was involved with their CFS Clinic then...
  2. J

Comment by 'Jelly' in 'ME Mortality'

Very interesting, Sally. I nearly died from heart failure a couple of years ago, after being ill since 1983. Looks like ME knocks a decade or so off our lives, as MS is known to do. I'm in awe of your bog. I have been researching various infections that are misdiagnosed as ME for some 20 years...
  3. J

Fungal infection in cerebrospinal fluid from some patients with multiple sclerosis.

What if the pathogenic fungus is not Candida albicans? I think that a lot of us are infected with a fungus called Sporothrix globosa, a recently identified subspecies of Sporothrix schenckii. Schenck grew Sporothrix on grape pulp at room temperature 120 years ago so it should be good enough for...
  4. J

Can people have rust fungus infections?

You could try growing it on grape pulp at room temperature (20ish deg C). Stop using mouthwashes for a few days, then work up some saliva (not sputum) from your cheeks and spit it into a jar of grape pulp. I think that a lot of us are infected with Sporothrix globosa, a recently identified...