• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Methylation (b vitamins) making me tired and giving me brain fog and making me much much worse, help

Hello, for the last year I've felt that my mental functioning has been slowing down and is not quite what it used to be. I'm only 25 and I notice that simple questions will take me longer to answer and I have quite a bit of mental strain. I know this is partly due to habits and negative...
  2. M

Genetic mutation and supplement/lifestyle help and advice!

I know not to depend on NutraHacker too much, but it lists multiple different areas that say to steer clear of methylated compounds. I figure because I felt better when taking a "regular" b compound, that it should ring true on some level. If my body is given the folate in one form or another...
  3. M

@Valentijn Thank you very much! I had a hunch I was taking too much methylfolate. I was taking around 800mcg a day (400 morning and 400 afternoon) and I felt as though it was doing more harm than good. I was not clear-headed and I was feeling more emotionally unstable than anything else. My days...
  4. M

Hello everyone, I'm having quite a difficult time trying to figure out just what I should do. This methylation issue has just been baffling me and I could REALLY use some help. For about a year and a half now I haven't been myself; I cannot think clearly and it takes me three times longer to...
  5. M

Mthfr help and recommendations according to my mutations please!!

Thank you very much @alicec! I'm reading through all the links now! Thank you so so much! This was extremely helpful. I totally understand what you mean and it kind of segways perfectly into the core of my issue. I have been experiencing pretty bad brain fog which has made learning this whole...
  6. M

Mthfr help and recommendations according to my mutations please!!

Hello everyone, I've been reading on this forum frequently as of late and see the amount of help members provide here. I've been a member of many forums and have not seen this level of effort in helping one another..renews my faith in humanity! Anyway, I recently did a 23andme test and ran my...