• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. catherinejoy

How To Explain CFS

Perhaps you could try showing them the link to a (reputable) site which lists the symptoms that ME/CFS sufferers I had. I used http://www.meassociation.org.uk/about/the-symptoms-and-diagnosis-of-mecfs/
  2. catherinejoy

How To Explain CFS

Firstly I find calling it ME rather than chronic fatigue easier - sadly, people tend to roll their eyes when they hear the fatigue word. I now describe the feeling of my regular flu like symptoms (at least every 2 weeks) as an impending doom feeling, and ask people to think how they feel when...
  3. catherinejoy

What is considered low NK cell function?

Hi everyone, I've had my natural killer tests done and the result is CD16+CD56 NK- cells % 13 (% of lymphocytes 7-31). I'm very new to this and I've been told the results aren't abnormal, but to me 13% seems low... I've googled until my eyes crossed and would really love a simple interpretation...
  4. catherinejoy

Do all people with CFS commonly experience flu like symptoms

wow that's like an entirely other language to me! Should print it all and take to the doc
  5. catherinejoy

So those things you listed trigger it?
  6. catherinejoy

Sorry I'm new to this, can you please explain what you mean by immune activators?
  7. catherinejoy

I think I need to accept that this doesn't have a quick fix and that I need to take it easy. Thanks for your advice
  8. catherinejoy

Hi everyone, I suffer terribly from the above and the best way I can describe it is an impending feeling of doom. I ache, get hot, confused, my glands sometimes swell, i get a sore throat. This now happens to me almost every 2 weeks like clockwork and it's made me feel like I'm going mad...