• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Cheeza11

Cheeza11

2. Cheeza11

Has anyone tried Chemo for ME/CFS

Hi there, I am in the hospital right now. I come every 4 weeks to get IVIG and have to be admitted due to a blood clot disorder. Along with some other issues this time, they are treating me for an infection in my leg and trying to get me to hold down food. My infectious disease Dr. Has tried...
  3. Cheeza11

Having Trouble with Insomnia last 5 days

Hi there, I am in the hospital right now getting my IVIG, and have an infection that has developed on my leg. Things haven't been going good. My infectious disease Dr. Mentioned possible trying chemo? I've never hear of this and am going to start a new thread and see if others out there have...
  4. Cheeza11

Also I got home from hospital on the 29th. I shouldn't be having these sleep problems this far after being out of the hospital. So confusing. The iv Benadryl is a must because my throat has closed up on me several times and broke into hives from the infusion so the Dr's give it to me around the...
  5. Cheeza11

Yes I finally crashed. But I crashed so hard that I'm tired even throughout the day. Its like I can't catch up. So I'm taking naps throughout the day. Slowly started to feel better. Each day is getting better. I crashed Monday and today still feeling sleepy. Hoping tomorrow is better. When I get...
  6. Cheeza11

The reason that I have to be admitted while given the infusions of IVIG is because I have a Blood Clot Disorder and every time I get the infusions I get several DVT's so depending on how many I get depends on the length of my visits. They monitor me very closely so I don't have the DVT's start...
  7. Cheeza11

@Mary @geraldt52 I wish I could try this Combo. Once when I was first hospitalized a year ago for a long spout I was given Niacin and had a very bad allergic reaction to it so I'm no longer allowed to take it. This is why my Doctors prescribe the Valium and are very puzzled by my ME because I'm...
  8. Cheeza11

Thank you. Good advice
  9. Cheeza11

Thank you for all that information. That's very helpful. Then insomnia in my case has only lasted for two days because of my situation with being in and out of the hospital. I go in every 4 weeks sometimes will be there for 7 days sometimes for only 3 days , each time is different. Each time I...
  10. Cheeza11

ME/CFS Phone Support Group

I literally just read this and for the first time breathed the biggest breath. I have friends who talk crap about how I don't respond to them, or I look confused when asked a simple question, or family members not talking to me right now because they think I am being rude etc. All because of...
  11. Cheeza11

These last five days have been rough. I recently had a venous ablation surgery since I've been diagnosed with a blood clot disorder. Doctors want to close up the large arteries in my legs to help with the pain and also stop a blood clot to possibly cause a problem. Two days later I was then...
  12. Cheeza11

This was a great read. Me and you have some in common. I too am in my 30's and was diagnosed in my late 20's. The friend thing, well , what you said I am struggling with that the most. I was a very social person and an athlete. Me and my husband were on a travel ball slow pitch softball team...
  13. Cheeza11

Out of curiosity how old are you? As I am young and suffer from this illness and am told by my doctors that I am one of the young ones out there that has been battling this too and feel similar to how you feel. Since I'm probably going to be one that listens and tries to gain knowledge when...
  14. Cheeza11

Truly grateful for people like you
  15. Cheeza11

I don't have supporters except for my husband and 3 year old daughter who doesnt get it. So I am very happy that this is being done. I love that you called it our "new normal". So true. And sometimes very hard for me to come to understand. Looking forward to Saturday. Thank you so much for this...
  16. Cheeza11

Looking forward to getting on the call and hearing what others have to say. I am struggling bad right now as I'm sure all of you are and I would love some input. Great idea.