• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Is CFS really worse than Cancer?

Its all about the severity of every illness. You have mild to extreme cases.
  2. A

What fixed the "crawlies" on my skin

Oh yes, the crawly boys. I have them too sometimes
  3. A

My experience with fish oils

I think my cells are inflamed because I get alot of omega 6 through convential meat and eggs. And by taking fish oil the ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 is more normal so my cells are not as inflamed and nutrients get in and out. Also gets rid of toxins and bacteria/viruses in the cells. I never...
  4. A

I normally take fish oil with a big meal that have fat in it. Or with mackerel or sardines.
  5. A

Hi I want to share my experience with fish oils. My theory is that my cells are inflamed and cant create energy. I took a fish oil that containted omega 3 with high quality extra virgin olive oil. After a week on it I got REALLY sick. I got really bad migraines, fever, puking 5-10 times a...
  6. A

Microbiome Permanently Altered by Food Poisoning

I also got very bad food poisoning 1-2 years before ME. But I think almost everyone experience food poisoning at a moment in their life? It just seems very normal. I felt sick for a week but after that I went to normal. I dont think it caused my ME because I had some infections/virus and...
  7. A

Adventures with ashwagandha

I used Ashwagandha right before I got really sick. It kept be going for 1-2 days until I crashed really badly. Now I dont notice anything
  8. A

(Norway) Lightning Process talk cancelled after protests from the ME Association

If she really wanted to help it would not be hold so secret what they do there, and it would not cost crazy amounts of money.
  9. A

Chronic fatigue and masculinity

I get money from the state since im sick.. Its temporary until I get better hopefully..
  10. A

Chronic fatigue and masculinity

I dont feel anywhere near as manly as I did before I got sick. Before I had a job, worked out, was in great shape, had lots of energy etc.. Now I go around fatigued 24/7 and dont really feel like talking much, I lost much of my muscle mass, lost confidence and cant work anymore Not having a...
  11. A

Carnitine Fumarate and hypothyroidism

Hi people! I had low thyroid symptoms before, but got more normal with medication (im no longer on the medication since I dont need it anymore) People with low thyroid function, how did you react to Carnitine Fumarate? Im scared of trying it because I reacted badly after some days of using...
  12. A

Best b complex from iherb?

Im sure they work good, but dont know how safe it is to take high doses each day. Many get side effects from too much B-complex.
  13. A

I haven't found any B-complex with low enough doses. Maybe its better to only take it 1-3 times a week, since the doses are so high. Or split the dose.
  14. A

I am too looking for a good B-complex. I know Jarrow have updated their B-complex to have methylfolate instead of folic acid. Is jarrow one of the best? Any opinions?