• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Can You Work?

I too have a desk job and have been dragging myself to work all this year. My new GP recently noticed that my blood pressure was elevated and had me monitor it six times a day for 5 days which showed consistent elevation. Since being on a blood pressure med I have had a reduction in some of...
  2. R

Comment by 'rose1' in 'Lack of support from GP'

Yes, I'm definitely feeling like a "heartsink patient", I just think my GP could have put it in another way. I'm starting to feel like my own caseworker. I'm trying to figure out what helps and what doesn't and I guess a little emotional support from my GP would be nice. So I've decided rather...
  3. R

rose1

4. R

Lack of support from GP

Booked a double appointment with my GP last week as I usually do. She was running late by an hour which was OK, but then rushed me through my appointment, gave me a referral to an immunologist and then said "I don't think there is anything else I can do for you". I feel like I've just been put...
  5. R

Can You Work?

Well, I turn up to work - don't do much whilst I'm here, but try to do enough to fly under the radar. Desperate to reduce my hours but my job is just being changed from contract to permanent, so I don't want to rock the boat and risk missing out on a permanent offer. Still hoping that I'll be...
  6. R

What creates the worst PEM for you?

Having a spa (which I love at the time) then showering - have to lie down for 20-30 minutes. Hate talking on the phone for any length of time especially if the other person is complaining about something. Successfully did some light housework last weekend (first time in months) by listening to...
  7. R

Sweden: 1177.se has changed their info on ME/CFS

Thanks for the "having a super duvet....." and emojis. Sometimes it's just good to have a laugh about it :lol:. Otherwise it all gets a bit too tragic:nervous:
  8. R

Fatigue Clinic, University of NSW

Thanks Hutan, the video gave me a bit more info on the clinic.
  9. R

Thanks for the links Richard, I'm feeling a bit more informed now.
  10. R

Me/cfs doctors in Sydney, Australia

No I haven't but I'm seeing my GP today so will mention it. Thanks for the advice:)
  11. R

Has anyone had any experience through the Fatigue Clinic at NSW Uni.
  12. R

Hi Hotch thanks for replying so quickly. I'll be interested to see how your future consultations go. I've also been wondering about the impact of viruses and bacteria on CFS. My main symptoms apart from fatigue are bouts of nausea, lightheadedness, chronic sore throat, poor concentration...
  13. R

How did your appointment with Dr Donohoe go? I looked at his profile the other day, but was put off by the consult fee.