• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Question about B12 deficiency

I read everywhere on the internet that a B12 deficiency can cause heart palpitations. My Doctor says, that's not possible - unless there also is low blood count present. I have a b12 deficiency (140) but my hemoglobin looks fine, so he does not think my heart issues is caused by low B12 What is...
  2. M

Can anyone help me with my iron blood test results?

Hi. I have been dealing with multiple symptoms for a long time now - Doctor thinks is all in my head - I dont!! I had a blood test taken, but my doctors appointment is not until Friday, and I am very interested in finding out, if I was right (suspecting my iron to be too low) It looks like it...
  3. M

How I solved my b12 deficiency mystery

Most of us are low, 80% of the population - that's what Dr. Carolyn Dean says anyway. The Magnesium is different from others since it is used outside on the body, and therefore bypasses the digestion system, which means that you dont get the laxative effect - or at least only as a failsafe, if...
  4. M

Yes magnesium was tested, but the problem with that blood test is, that it is not at all accurate. You only have 1% of your magnesium in your vessels, the rest is in your tissues and cells. And that 1% is very well guarded by mechanisms in your body, since those vessels contain the magnesium...
  5. M

I was diagnosed B12 deficient about one year ago, my level was at that time 190 and MMA elevated to 53. My Dr. prescribed b12 tablets 1000mcg containing cyanocobalamin. But they made so sick, so I had to give them up. I started searching for the answer, and ended up in this forum. I was...
  6. M

Starting B12 deficiency treatment myself

Still a little confused about one thing. I've been reading elsewhere, that if you take MethylB12 you also have to take methylfolate, and on increasing doses of MethylB12, you also increase your dose of methylfolate, or is this only for those who have methylation issues?
  7. M

Desperately seeking to understand the B12 mystery

Sounds like the B12 oils could be worth testing. However, I'm living in Denmark, and it looks like the oils are sent from Australia, so it would probably take forever to get here, and at a cost of 75$ including delivery per bottle, it is a little much for me. Do you know of other places it can...
  8. M

The more I have read about it, I think you are right. These last two days I have already started taking the B-complex from Pure Encapsulations, and I almost cant believe what it is doing for me. I was actually scared of taking them, based on previous experience with other Cyanocobalamin based...
  9. M

I can see the oils have to be imported from outside Europe, which means, that it is going to cost me a small fortune, unfortunately, it would have been a good alternative.
  10. M

My serum level is 140, so very low. I have been reading about the importance of taking all of the B vitamins together, because they depend on each other. Here in Denmark, we are only able to measure folate and b12 in blood serum, according to my Doctor anyway.
  11. M

I appreciate your advice, maybe I will just cross potassium off my list then. You just get the impression in this forum, than you cant do without it. I will try to keep my diet high in potassium instead. Where can I buy the b12 oil, searching Amazon.co.uk did not give me any results?
  12. M

I am going to start taking B12 supplements. At first, I took cyanocobalamin with very bad reactions; racing heart, diarrhea, brain fog, glossitis, dry mouth, ice cold/sweaty hands and feet and a burning feeling in my stomach. So I want to try MeCbl instead. I read about Fredds Protocol, and to...
  13. M

Thanks guys, for your response, I really appreciate it! It helps me to think that I am not so alone in solving my issues, when there is no Doctor to help me. I will definately try what you suggest:) I dont have much experience in taking supplements, so how do I start with ½ a dose or 1/4 of a...
  14. M

Hi everybody. I have been reading different posts on this forum with high interest. There is just so much about being B12 deficient, that I cant understand, or my Doctor can understand, for that matter. I have been reading for months, trying to figure out what to. About me: Started out with a...