• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. AnxiousEd

Methyl donors, CBS and mopping up ammonia!

@ahmo, last couple of questions I got a test coming up for plasma ammonia and homocysteine. I want to know how to prepare, especially for the ammonia. Right now I'm eating maybe 3 or 4 ounces of chicken breast per day. Much less than before I dove down this rabbit hole of getting healthy. I used...
  2. AnxiousEd

@ahmo do you ever get tested for molybdenum levels? I take 250 mcg of moly daily and I eat no thiols whatsoever I'm not even done with my first bottle of 100 pills so i don't think it should be an issue for me yet although I have only cbsa60a (homo) which a lot of evidence suggests is not a big...
  3. AnxiousEd

Hey guys last night I didn't use charcoal at night and woke up feeling bad, as expected. This was planned as I wanted to see if 1 gram of arginine in the morning would detox the ammonia. One hour later I felt nothing. I took a gram of ornithine and 2 hours later, nothing but stomach aches. I...
  4. AnxiousEd

I've always had anxiety on certain days and not on others. The difference has been night and day. When I started paying attention to how I felt after taking charcoal before bed (the next morning) It became clear. A few other expirements confirmed it. It's ammonia. In the beginning I was hoping...
  5. AnxiousEd

@ahmo wow thanks for that link. I will be playing with my arginine, ornithine and charcoal first to see what works and what doesnt. What do you mean by it wasn't ideal for your liver? Foot baths sound Interesting... how long do you soak and what is your recipe? I tried l ornithine for the first...
  6. AnxiousEd

@Valentijn, I have read the threads about yasko misinterpreting the study but the fact is I'm also hetero BHMT 2 and BHMT 8, and I used to have a very hard time dealing with sulfur supplements or foods high in thiols. I cut them out and have been supplementing molybdenum and helpin my SUOX...
  7. AnxiousEd

I am Homo CBSA360A and I went on a low thiol diet for months and although I didn't test sulfate levels I believe they dropped as I started feeling better. My general anxiety was gone for the most part but I definitely still have social anxiety and irratibility which would coincide on days with...
  8. AnxiousEd

Anxiety, Ammonia, and the NMDA Receptor

I know its been a while since this threads been active but i must ask: are any of the men worried at yuccas ability to mimic estrogen? Also, besides yucca what is the best thing to take during the day when I cant take charcoal so i avoid stealing up all my daily nutrients and can't really take...
  9. AnxiousEd

It's time to get some testin done: Blood or urine?

Hi all I have been following the CBS protocol for several months and although I don't have sulfa strips I feel, better thanks to the vitamins and a low thiol diet.I have even been tolerating TMG @ a gram a day for a week now with no issues. But I need to get my ammonia and homocysteine levels...
  10. AnxiousEd

Homocysteine and ammonia: blood or urine?

I have CBSA360A HOMO also BHMT 08 HETERO.... I've been doing better on a low thiol diet but I wonder.... what's my best bet: a UAA (urine amino acid analysis) or blood levels of homocysteine and ammonia. The symptoms I'm trying to battle at this point t Re irritability and anxiety (socoal mostly).
  11. AnxiousEd

Removing mercury amalgams in 1 week (unsafely) . How should I prepare?

I want to incorporate boron as suggested @ heartfixer, what brand do you use as I am finding a lot of them have aspartate versions, which is excitory just like glutamate. Which I feel is a major problem for me ( gaba/glutamate excitoxcity). How long would one gram of TMG show me I can...
  12. AnxiousEd

First of all homocysteine and ammonia levels are properly measured in the blood and not the urine correct? Second i also have bhmt 8 hetero which is the "backdoor" it suggests I take TMG which if i understand correctly is a methyl donor and may be aiding in my Sam to sah ratio. If I am...
  13. AnxiousEd

Caledonia, I am on a no thiol diet for over a month now and feeling better (although I don't know if it is the vitamins or the diet). I want to confirm a couple of things. Cbsa360a recommendation by genetic genie and heart fixer is to avoid sulfate. But since sulfite is converted to sulfate in...
  14. AnxiousEd

Thanks for this sir even more reason to hold off.
  15. AnxiousEd

I got my information from learningtarget.com/nosulfites... I'm not even sure if I have mercury toxicity. I have cbsa60a homo and if you look at my hair analysis you could see my molybdenum levels were non existant. Could this be why I was so sensitive to sulfur/thiols? I will cancel my...
  16. AnxiousEd

Regarding my snps: more questions than advice

I have not. Is urine homocysteine the correct test or blood? What kind of issues is it causing btw?
  17. AnxiousEd

Regarding my snps: more questions than advice

I have been eating a low sulfur and zero thiol diet for a month. The only sulfur comes from meat, chicken and beef. I feel better, as I have been sulfur or thiol intolerant thanks to a non existant level of molybdenum via a hair test. My protocol is: 10 mg manganese 50 mg zinc picolinate 500...
  18. AnxiousEd

I can't afford a biologic doctor removing my amalgams.... i have already removed one with no prep and I have 5 more to go. They will all be removed within a week. My hair analysis showed very low levels of mercury but I read that only shows mercury from fish. Either way, I'm very sensitive to...
  19. AnxiousEd

Genetic Genie Results - Not Understanding the Interpretation Guide :(

@caledonia So where do you recommend one gets his supplementation regiment? I currently follow nutra hackers rec's as long as another snp doesn't say to avoid it.