• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Ribose: Why might it work for ME/CFS patients

Many thanks, Lenora. I haven't noticed d-ribose causing cognitive impairments - in fact, my experience is that it gives me more physical and mental energy. However, if I've understood the above papers correctly, some of the changes implicated in the rodent studies are of the...
  2. G

I wouldn't have thought we already have high D-ribose - in such a situation why would supplementation with D-ribose help with energy levels? Also, (some of) the cognitive impairments found in the rodent studies appeared to be related to tau and amyloid irregularities - i.e. the sorts of changes...
  3. G

Has anyone looked at the research linking d-ribose consumption in rodents with cognitive impairments? (apologies if it's been discussed somewhere else on this forum). This was posted on another webpage a couple of days ago...
  4. G

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

Drs Myhill and McLaren-Howard have posted a response to the Tomas group study on their website...
  5. G

Cytokine profile - can anyone explain this result?

Hi Markus, many thanks for your feedback. I’m a bit tired at the moment (exhausted ;)), so I’ll just address your question about labs in Poland and then look at the other issues in the coming days. I did my cytokine test at a clinic called Medichouse, which sent the blood to a lab called Synevo...
  6. G

Many thanks for your input :) - a lot to digest - let me think about this!
  7. G

Used_to_race, in answer to your question – I have done C reactive protein and erythrocyte sedimentation rate in the last couple of years, and they both came back normal. I’m not sure if I’ve done Antinuclear Antibody at some stage in the past two decades – I will try to check. Anyway, the...
  8. G

Hi, thanks for replying. I got it done in Poland via a laboratory called Synevo. No-one ordered the test for me - I just did it on my own - in Poland you don't need a referral from a doctor to do tests.
  9. G

I have suffered from me/cfs for about twenty years. Having read quite a few papers that mention elevated inflammatory cytokines, I decided to do a cytokine profile to see if that would give me any clues, and got a very low result for interferon gamma. Everything else was fairly normal...
  10. G

Metabolic features of the cell danger response

In view of the fact that (overactive?) purinergic signalling appears to be a key factor in the Cell Danger Response, would that imply that foods high in purines would exarcebate the problem? Should we avoid foods (such as sardines) that are high in purines? Many thanks for any advice.
  11. G

Western Blot Band 41 Positive - But Not Borrelia

Hi, I've just done the Borrelia IgG Western Blot test and also only got a positive result (+) for the p41 antigen (41 kDa). The information in the above thread about cross-reactivity has been very useful. One other thing that I found from a google search is that HHV6 also has a 41 kDa antigen...