• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. hamsterman

Looking for fecal transplant donor

Thanks. I have Crohn's and CFS. If I found a donor who was 'fairly good' but not in the top 1%, would that still be worth it for me to attempt a FMT? Example, someone in early 20s, no diseases, no emotional or neurological issues, consistent type 3 stools, good bmi, fairly outgoing/motivated.
  2. hamsterman

Looking for fecal transplant donor

I've read your writeup on fmt. Very good. It seems as though caplets are the best method of administration. Easier, no pain, affects more of the G.I. system. Am I misreading it?
  3. hamsterman

Dermorphin Experience - Very Impressive Results

I got nearly 3 good months out of it, but the last few weeks, it has lost much of it's effect. It may be because of an unrelated health issue, but also, I might've carelessly spoiled/contaminated it after I noticed the lyophilized powder was 'clumping', possibly due to moisture getting trapped...
  4. hamsterman

Sorry for the late response. So far it's been the only thing that has significantly helped me for over a month. It's been nearly 3 months now, and I still seem to get the benefit. I hope it continues. As far as dose, I'm using 120 mcg. I dilute it with water (bac water), and it seems to...
  5. hamsterman

From what I have read, this appears to be the case. Which is why it's being looked at as a much safer alternative to morphine.
  6. hamsterman

No dopamine effect. Yes, I've tried noopep, several racetams, never tried Selank though. The racetams didn't seem to make much difference, and piracetam actually made me tired. Noopep helped a bit with memory, but I already had to be at a 'better than average' state to notice it. I may try...
  7. hamsterman

I would never suggest that I understand it's mechanism, or that I believe that it shares the same mechanism of LDN. I just noticed that of all the therapies I've tried, it feels most similar to LDN. (it's better, but similar) I have basically been experimenting with every mu-opioid agonist...
  8. hamsterman

No it isnt. I feel nothing after I take it. No euphoria, no sedation, nothing. Others have said the same, and rat studies seem to suggest this as well. This is what makes it unique, and why it's being investigated as an alternative for morphine. At higher doses, it may cause...
  9. hamsterman

I'll probably try some lower doses in a couple weeks. It is a shame that you experienced mild psychosis on the 4rth day. I wonder if trying a lower dose might alleviate this, or dosing every 4 days may keep this from happening. It is possible that DM improves autoimmune issues. The last 10...
  10. hamsterman

Are You Guys Able to Get PainKillers (Hydrocodone) It the only thing that Helps me

You can check out my review of Dermorphin here: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/dermorphin-experience-very-impressive-results.81376/#post-2297972
  11. hamsterman

Dermorphin is an opioid found in the giant leaf frog's skin, and is one of the chemicals found in Amazonian practice of 'Kambo'. For more background, check the Kambo thread by @Hip in 2013...
  12. hamsterman

Anti-inflammatories may reduce symptoms in the short-term, but may not in the long-term

Amen to that. I have Chron's, and have gone through the same thing. When I first told my doctor I was having gut issues, he said, well... you probably have IBS, and need more fiber in your diet.... but when I saw the G.I. and had the colonoscopy, he set me straight. It's been a lot of trial...
  13. hamsterman

Anti-inflammatories may reduce symptoms in the short-term, but may not in the long-term

I said that 20-25 mg Pred, 80-100 mg Hydrocortisol are for used for immunosuppressive doses. I would never in a million years suggest to use immunosuppressive doses for the purposes of cortisol replacement. I have nothing against cortisol replacement strategies, but the PEM shielding that...
  14. hamsterman

Are You Guys Able to Get PainKillers (Hydrocodone) It the only thing that Helps me

Wow, this thread has some great nuggets of info....(I really should follow this forum more often). I am ordering some memantine as we speak. I have plenty of Naltrexone which I will take now, and see if it helps with a 5-day regimen of Oxy later this week. I was able to get the 'phantom...
  15. hamsterman

@Hip has done a very thorough write-up on his PEM-Busters/PEM-Shielders thread. https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/supplements-and-drugs-that-reduce-or-prevent-pem-post-exertional-malaise.48438/ Specifically, just scroll down to the: Corticosteroids as Potent PEM Shielders section. One...
  16. hamsterman

Supplements and Drugs That Reduce or Prevent PEM (Post-Exertional Malaise)

As far as getting remission from CFS using corticosteroids, that would probably be uncommon, and would most likely be because someone's fatigue was entirely from an active long-term autoimmune disease that went into remission from the corticosteroids. One thing to remember is that if you...
  17. hamsterman

Nice trick for sleeping: cold shower

I never thought of that, but that seems like a good strategy. I will try that as well.
  18. hamsterman

Nice trick for sleeping: cold shower

I've been taking a cold shower about 50 minutes before sleeping for 3 weeks now, and it's worked as well as any drug/sleep aid. The only other thing I do is wet my hair again right before sleep, and it does wonders getting my body in the 'sleep zone'. This is not for everyone, since not...
  19. hamsterman

Taking hydrocortisone before activity to prevent PEM crashes---I think that's on target!!

Yeah, heat is a huge factor. When I monitored my HR, I noticed that my HR went up when I wasn't doing anything at all, but the temperature was rising. As far as creatine, for me, it doesn't necessarily make me feel better, or reverse PEM, or anything like that. What it does is it allows my...
  20. hamsterman

Taking hydrocortisone before activity to prevent PEM crashes---I think that's on target!!

One thing that helped me was wearing a hear rate monitor with an alarm. It would beep whenever I passed over about 102 bpm, and that instant feedback was very valuable. For instance, one time I noticed my HR shoot up into the 120's when I was reading a 'troll' post.... but more importantly, I...
  21. hamsterman

That's a very common PEM trigger. Moving things with someone else really triggers the 'fight or flight' response because your body 'prepares' for the act more than typical exertion. I've seen it happen multiple times. Sorry your going through that.
  22. hamsterman

Wow, I'm happy to see others organizing their thoughts better than me. And I admit that corticosteroids have greatly improved my life, but its very important that everyone take into account the long-term risks. I now ONLY take hydro-cortisone, since it's biological half-life is far shorter, I...
  23. hamsterman

Why NMN and NR is not curing our CFS?

I just wanted to chime in here. For some strange reason, NMN has been helping me, at least for the last week, since I started it. I am not sure why, but it's possible that it only helps a subset of PWME. It's helped me accross the board, almost all the symptoms, but the most extraordinary...
  24. hamsterman

Suddenly sleep quality has become unbearably worse

I think that describes most of us. And I think there is some research that PWME are far more likely to have cortisol issues. I wouldn't be surprised that a large portion of our daily non-PEM malayse is related to cortisol problems.
  25. hamsterman

Biomarker found in 2 CFS onset groups NK cells

I'd assume they met sudden onset (ie post-infection) and gradual onset (Autoimmune disease triggered)
  26. hamsterman

Cortene Peptide for MECFS? "Curative"?!

Wow, it's getting there. As Cort says, once it becomes easy to diagnose.... suddenly the research for cures follows. Kinda like with migraines.
  27. hamsterman

Task related cerebral blood flow changes of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome: an arterial spin

Yes, that's all very true. I can deal with almost anything that this disease throws at me... except the ME-brainfog. It is what completely destroys any chance of having a normal life. It makes even the most simple tasks insurmountable. The only thing I've found that helps is LDN. But it's...
  28. hamsterman

Task related cerebral blood flow changes of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome: an arterial spin

Well said.... both points. ME really does make it tough to think long-term. And anything that involves more than one simple step... causes mental malaise. I used to love long-term planning.... not anymore. Also... I agree that researches need to treat FM and ME as different points on a...
  29. hamsterman

Sorry to hear that your CFS/ME has gone up a notch. If that is the case... I would suggest looking into pacing with a heart-rate monitor. There is a good facebook page on that. It helped me quite a bit. There are people who have been trapped in a state of perpetual rolling PEM for years...
  30. hamsterman

The sudden change for no reason doesn't seem like its directly related to ME. With ME, we can almost always point to what made things worse. I have heard of people's baseline suddenly going way down.... but there was usually an obvious trigger... like a severe period of stress/exertion/etc...