• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. stripey14

MEGLATHERY MD: RCCX MODULE MAY EXPLAIN OVERLAPPING SYNDROMES

Hi, I was told that this thread had become active again and that it would be a good idea for me to update. Since I was last here: It has become clear that there is a high rate of autoimmune disease in patients with ME/CFS and their families. This can be explained by co-inheritance of C4...
  2. stripey14

I left out the word "hormonal" abnormalities. I review my understanding of hormonal abnormalities in the journal article (literature review). I am leaving this thread as I feel I have explained everything that I have been asked to explain which is reasonable. If anyone has any further...
  3. stripey14

You mention progesterone. Would you have any predictions from your theory on how relevant patients would respond to the mini-pill? Are you expecting high cortisol? Pwme tend towards low cortisol usually. The hormone testing and recommendations/predictions are difficult because of the dynamic...
  4. stripey14

Yes, for example glandular fever, Lyme, mold for some, surgery, physical trauma, catastrophic event (9/11), etc. I agree 100%, but no one is ready for that, yet. This theory unites groups of people who aren't ready to be united for several reasons: it seemingly goes against firmly held ideas...
  5. stripey14

Hi Jenny, not so easy to boil it down into a couple sentences, but I will try. The RCCX module is the only place in the genome where genes can travel together and people can inherit two "rare" diseases at once at a much higher rate then would happen by chance. In fact, these genes have been...
  6. stripey14

Just a few brief statement to address some questions above: Most CYP21A2 mutations are uncharacterized and many are not picked up even as variances of unknown significance on testing (see above). Also CYP21A2 heterozygosity is known to be associated with an exaggerated stress response and low...
  7. stripey14

Just wanted to say that I met with the accountant/admin for the Non-profit, RCCX Project, Inc. and she explained to me that what I said above about returning the money if we were unable to fund a viable RCCX investigation (not enough funds to do what Karen and I plan and not able to find another...
  8. stripey14

Hello, I was going to let the previous comments stay without discussion as I expect that the audience here will go and look for themselves and it is late on a night before work. But this second post grossly distorts what I say on the website and I won't let it stand as it may deter people from...
  9. stripey14

Hello Dr. Edwards, Thank you for your input. I understand your concerns and recognize that this can be a vulnerable population, eager for hope, so I would like to address your concerns. This theory was vetted with a huge expert in the EDS field before and after I wrote the Journal Article...
  10. stripey14

@A.B. I had heard that, but thank you for the link. Right now, it's just Karen and I trying to write our IRB Protocol and get the word out about the theory. Thankfully, a few people have stepped forward, offering help with fund-raising and applying for grants etc., but they are not quite well...
  11. stripey14

HI Adreno Great question and one I get often. I need to post a FAQS section on the website when I get a spare moment. I might include some of this answer :) I would LOVE to be able to do that, unfortunately, that is where we have to start-we have to match SNPS with with clinical findings...
  12. stripey14

Hi All, I am Sharon Meglathery MD and this is about my theory. I just saw this post last night when the analytics for the website pointed me in the direction of Phoenix Rising. I was planning to connect here anyway when I had a moment :). I have followed the forums here for years. Karen...