• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Low dose Naltrexone

I live in Long Island ny. Looking for a reasonable compounding pharmacy.
  2. S

Battle of the NAD boosters poll (NMN, NAD+,NR)

When taking NMN, you must take transresveratrol with it, TMG, and quercertin. Enormous energy boost. Podcasts from Dr David Sinclair are very interesting.
  3. S

Study Shows that Red Blood Cells are Stiffer in People with ME

Does low ferritin cause this change in shape?
  4. S

I replace ALL my hormones. This brought me back to life. But is it sustainable for decades?

I was put on prednisone many years ago. It ruined my immune system. First I got melanoma. Then, incompetent T cells, CD8s. Now I have an IGA subset 1 and 2 deficiency. I take 6 mg naltrexone for that. now. It works.
  5. S

Aperiomics: pathogen detection via next generation sequencing

I am having this test done on Monday. Did you ever do it?
  6. S

Dr. Teitelbaum's Fibro & Fatigue Center Doctor Causes HEART ATTACK

Hi kathi, I just read your story and I feel so bad for you. I am not as informed as you are in these medical details. Based on what you wrote, I am sure you have obtained a huge settlement. What is the update?
  7. S

CFS doctors in NY/NJ that take Aetna

Try the Integrative medicine Center at Beth Israel Hospital, NYC. Dr Martin Ehrlich. Not sure if he takes your insurance. Google him, he has a website with that center of the hospital. It is a separate division. Also, I know people that go to UMDNJ in Newark. I was told they have a CFS center of...
  8. S

Severe Bone Loss Over Short Period Of Time : New Osteoporosis

After doing very well for many years, I am not doing well again. Sick all the time; weak and tired. I am a nutritionist and personal trainer, self employed. I have done all the right vitamins, supplements, and exercise to prevent bone loss and osteoporosis. Went to my primary care MD for...
  9. S

XMRV - Coming to terms with a new reality

I am also concerned about being a leper My son sent me an email of the link to the NY Times article; nothing else. Not like him. (He's an adult and married). I know he is thinking of the transmission and AIDS "connection". I am mortified. I am concerned my boyfriend of many years could freak...
  10. S

XMRV Testing-FYI

I think I must have been tested for this years ago Many years ago, a friend referred me to Immunocomp Lab in Ga. for participation in a study and treatment, since my immune system was not working. They confirmed the incompetancy of the immune system cells I had, and how few in number they were...