• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. MarbleWarbler

Adverse reaction to probiotics (histamine intolerance?)

One last note, unrelated to what's been mentioned before. I'm currently trying to figure out why I have an awful reaction to vitamin A. Every time I take it I get muscle aches, soreness, fatigue, brain fog, and overall just feel like I physically got beat up. The reaction is repeatable and...
  2. MarbleWarbler

To add on, a few of the specific pages here I've found that have been helpful are: Resistant starch info http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-resistant-starch-challenge-is-it-the-key-weve-been-looking-for.26976/ C. butyricum (mentioned above by @actup )...
  3. MarbleWarbler

Hey everyone I appreciate all the replies. I'm still getting used to using forums like this so my quotes and attempts to reply to you may be off formatting wise. It's been a while since I last posted but I've learned a lot and definitely made some progress. Hopefully some of this can be useful...
  4. MarbleWarbler

Hey Kristin, Still haven't figured out exactly why some probiotics have had a terrible reaction for me and others haven't. I have found one extremely strong one that made a night and day difference. It's called Elixa. I'd recommend looking into it if you're curious. It was my last ditch...
  5. MarbleWarbler

Thanks for the replies everyone, it has given me some more research to look into and new information that will hopefully lead to improvements. If anyone has some advice on good forums to join for learning more about methylation and how MTHFR SNPs work I would like to know where I can work with...
  6. MarbleWarbler

I have continued to take the Align on and off as well as Jarrows brand Saccharomyces Boulardii. Both have seemed to be helpful in reducing bloating at meals and curving excessive appetite and carb cravings. So far Align has been the only probiotic I've tried that has not given me adverse...
  7. MarbleWarbler

Hi all, First post here, please let me know if this would be better posted elsewhere. I am new to navigating these forums. I've done a brief search to see if anyone else has posted about this before and have searched google extensively regarding adverse reactions to probiotics but have found...