• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

August 8th, 2019: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME

Thank you for this, Jody. A great list of resources. I posted this today. Emily's words speak for many.
  2. N

MP shares article on the importance of listening to patients

It is sadly rare to find a doctor who responds with respect and compassion.
  3. N

MP shares article on the importance of listening to patients

Dr Paul Williams MP, a GP and member of the health select committee, shared my article ‘The Power of Listening’ on Twitter and Facebook. There has been a huge response. The article can be seen here www.alifehidden.com/junior-doctor-training “The primary issue in my mistreatment has been a...
  4. N

New website on severe ME

That's great news. It's so important to educate medical professionals, especially when they're starting out. Thank you for sharing it.
  5. N

New website on severe ME

Thank you everyone - I really appreciate your comments.
  6. N

New website on severe ME

I have created a website on severe ME: “A Life Hidden is dedicated to those shut away from the world because of the intense suffering of ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis). This site is a collection of my advocacy work, and I hope that it will serve as a resource for anyone wishing to understand...
  7. N

London marathon appeal for ME Research UK

Thank you @justy and @Invisible Woman
  8. N

London marathon appeal for ME Research UK

My brother, Tom, is running the London marathon for ME Research UK. He has made a video to promote awareness of ME and his fundraising campaign. The video can be seen on YouTube: Or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/timetotakeMEseriously/videos/1288767147879701/ His sponsorship page is...
  9. N

Excellent "openDemocracy" ME Article

This video might be of interest https://www.facebook.com/openDemocracy/videos/10154748091894774/
  10. N

Excellent "openDemocracy" ME Article

Thank you for all your comments! It's good to know that the article was well received. It spent a number of days in the site's Most Popular list, so hopefully will have reached a wide audience.
  11. N

Please support Tanya's life-saving fundraiser

Thank you for these suggestions. She is planning on approaching the local media. Would anyone here happen to know of sympathetic journalists in Adelaide?
  12. N

Please support Tanya's life-saving fundraiser

Tanya is a young woman from Adelaide, whose life is in danger. She urgently needs to raise funds. Please visit her site and spread the word widely. (For clarification, Tanya is not a member of this forum.) https://www.gofundme.com/GiveTanyaHope In her own words: "My name is Tanya and I have...