• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Can airport luggage screening x-rays damage supplements like fish oil?

Do you know if this is possible?
  2. P

How long do you need to take a probiotic before the bacteria becomes established in your intestines

How long do you need to take a probiotic before the bacteria becomes established in your intestines and you can stop taking it?
  3. P

CBS, CTH and glutamate

Could increased CBS and CTH enzyme activities lead to both reduced glutathione and increased glutamate? If so, how does the increase in glutamate happen and what would be a theoretical treatment to lower glutamate in this case?
  4. P

What is the best facebook group for science-based discussions related to methylation and health?

I thought maybe I just needed to find the right group but I think you guys are probably right that it's just not the right format for a good discussion.
  5. P

What is the best facebook group for science-based discussions related to methylation and health?

Can anyone recommend one with detailed fact based discussions? This forum seems really good compared to most facebook groups, just wondered if you guys have a facebook group you all post in too.
  6. P

What happens when serotonin and dopamine are increased in the intestines?

Does this impact mood, digestion or both?