• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. enginewitty

Low oxalate diet info

WHOA!!!! that sounds intense! what does that diet plan look like? calmer sounds wonderful. like something we could all use a little more of on a regular basis...
  2. enginewitty

Low oxalate diet info

currently on a low oxalate diet to help heal my kidneys. while researching the diet I found someone who successfully used it to recover her son from autism and who is also managing her own ME/CFS with it. here's a link to the artcile -...
  3. enginewitty

no fibromyalgia pain in 6 months

"Dr. Sarah's success with light therapy is nothing short of amazing. After years of joint pain and inflammation from her autoimmune condition, she starting using the Joovv 20 minutes each morning after her Crossfit workout. For the first time in a long time, she hasn’t felt fibromyalgia pain in...
  4. enginewitty

housing options

this is tree branching the topic but its relevant so I'll give it a toss - how many of us would be interested in exploring the feasibility of creating a co-op community?
  5. enginewitty

housing options

left any location open intentionally as I'm already out of the country and have lived abroad a long time. but I'm originally from The US any help?
  6. enginewitty

ME/CFS Housing Co-Op

tell me more... which hookups are necessary? I'm assuming gas and electric correct? in which case, propane and solar/a generator and/or marine batteries may be good bets. camp sites are an obvious hook up option. if its a financial issue, sharing a common utility with someone would be...
  7. enginewitty

ME/CFS Housing Co-Op

can we keep this thread going? this idea should be a common place reality among us. I think a housing co-op is one option but a small off-grid/rural community would be much better. we could each have jobs that would help each other and stabilize the community such as driver, chef, gardener...
  8. enginewitty

housing options

what options are available for those of us too sick to work and with no help from friends/family?
  9. enginewitty

A 50,000 Foot Overview of Major ME/CFS Theories

Thank you so much for sharing this!! :D are you regularly taking all of these?
  10. enginewitty

any theories on why nothing seems to cause a nocticeable shift in well-being??

this topic needs its own post as well. I often thing of it as a triangle; to no matter how much you pull (improve) one side (area), the remaining two sides (could be more) just tighten in order to keep the shape's integrity. so when you start working on one of those angles, the angle you just...
  11. enginewitty

any theories on why nothing seems to cause a nocticeable shift in well-being??

does anyone have any idea of why nothing seems to have any effect? maybe some of us have found some relief in specific things, but for the most part it appears to me that this disease is a complete mystery despite the amount of active involvement toward curing it/figuring it out by those of us...
  12. enginewitty

A 50,000 Foot Overview of Major ME/CFS Theories

I haven't heard this one yet so I'll list it as a possibility as its outside of what we consider our species' normal range of cognition. but maybe the reason nobody seems to be able to definitively comprehend a physically cause is because we can't perceive it... maybe it's something outside the...
  13. enginewitty

ME/CFS diagnosis with 82% accuracy

hope this helps someone - https://www.isotrope.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-gut-bacteria/ peace and love to all of you suffering in need of help
  14. enginewitty

how relevant is EMF to ME/CFS?

not really sure how relevant this is but I can guess that it probably affects a lot of us and could be a cause for some. the entire video is worth the watch. extremely well researched and informative on the effects that smart phones, meters, towers, tablets, wi-fi, etc. are having on our...
  15. enginewitty

What is your lifestyle like?

thanks to all those that have contributed :) I hope this can help increase clarity for others dealing with this. if anyone else would like to add to this, please remember to state your energy levels now (on average) in relation to your energy levels before when you were healthy. thanks in advance
  16. enginewitty

When you're too exhausted/sleepy to open your eyes...

thanks for all the replies
  17. enginewitty

When you're too exhausted/sleepy to open your eyes...

When you're too exhausted/sleepy too open your eyes but you can't fall asleep, what do you do? I find, as I'm sure pretty much everyone here, I can never get enough sleep. I typically wake up feeling worse than I did before I went to bed. but try as I might, I find myself quite often just...
  18. enginewitty

What is your lifestyle like?

Hoping to create a resource here that can give some general clarity on what we're all going through in one post. In bullet points (to make things easy for everyone to scan), please list a brief description on what your lifestyle consists of and your average energy level (1-10) compared to your...
  19. enginewitty

Homeless & need a place to crash while... [San Diego/Southern California]

Were you/are you a researcher?? if not, you should be! you should be getting paid for this KitCat :D Either you're nice than most to the Nth degree and/or you're seriously good at finding information ;) Thank you for all these resources ^^ I have a van now but will note your post for further...
  20. enginewitty

On that note, I suppose I should say now that a few days ago I bought my first van! :D It's by no means in stellar condition, and it needs some fairly serious maintenance, but it is running, it lets me travel around and keeps me much safer now :) Thank you to everyone who participated in this...
  21. enginewitty

thanks bud. like Jennifer said, there's not enough for everyone. I am literally appalled by how bad the homeless situation is here. it's further compounded by the fact that people with "normal" lives and a sufficient income for basic necessities just live along side as normal and the police here...
  22. enginewitty

Thank you for the words Jennifer :) You're too kind m(_ _)m Thank you for all the help you've given me. It renews my belief that there are genuinely good people in the world :)
  23. enginewitty

Thank you Groggy :) luv the avatar btw ^^
  24. enginewitty

haha this a good suggestion too ^^ Thanks guys :)
  25. enginewitty

Thank you :) this is a good suggestion ;)
  26. enginewitty

Hey everyone ^^ I've recently come back to The US after living internationally for over a decade. I had a friend who agreed to help put me up for a month while I found a van to live out of. He kicked me out after only a few days and now I'm on the streets of San Diego. Is there anyone out...
  27. enginewitty

How do you all stay alive without enough finances or help/care from others?

WOW! Really!? well that puts a different spin on things :D do you happen to have a reference for where you got those stats from? I was told by a law firm that only about 65% of cases are approved and that the majority of them go to the 2nd and final appeal before benefits are granted
  28. enginewitty

How do you all stay alive without enough finances or help/care from others?

been looking for this my whole life. I've never "fit in" anywhere. in one sense I like that about myself. in another, it's fucking difficult being in social situations, and sometimes you just want to hang out and relax with somebody :) if I could find this now, this disease might actually turn...