• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Gretel

Carnitine/Freddd protocol

@whodathunkit Much appreciated. That's helpful to hear. Sounds like perseverance and the willingness to put up with some pain/discomfort is key!
  2. Gretel

Hi Junkcrap50, Yes, I had to stop all of it because suddenly I became hypersensitive. It was the strangest thing after seemingly not being able to get enough! I suspect 1 of 2 things: I either had much deeper penetration with the B12 oils and suddenly everything became more effective, or the B2...
  3. Gretel

@whodathunkit Good to hear you were able to make use of Carnitine and get past side effects. I've started up on it again since it seems I hit a bit of a saturation point with the other 3 of the DQ and my doses are MUCH smaller now (seem to get overstimulated by them now where as before I...
  4. Gretel

B1 induced deficiency

Thanks very much. Sorry, just a couple more questions. Did you have a blood test that showed acidosis? What were your symptoms and is it correct you also think folate was part of the cause?
  5. Gretel

B1 induced deficiency

Hi @Gondwanaland I just read your post from December regarding acidosis. I'm wondering if I am experiencing that. I had to take potassium supplements via mouth instead of footbath while I was traveling. I had increased my potassium due to low symptoms but I also started about 25 mg of thiamine...
  6. Gretel

Transdermal B12 oils

@John Mac @garyfritz Or anyone else-- do any of you notice a problem if you had to stop the B12 oils for a short period (like running out and waiting for the next bottle)? I tried my first bottle and was on vacation when I ran out. I think it worked really well for me. All my supplements...
  7. Gretel

Another thing I wanted to mention as it pertains to your symptoms is, before realizing my B12 and potassium levels needed to increase, I was having really significant gastric issues. Lots of trapped air and bloating. The gastric stuff is typically not an issue for me as you know, but during this...
  8. Gretel

Hi Junkcrap50, Sorry for the delay. Thanks for very much for the update. I have wondered how things were going for you. I was thinking about your situation and I am wondering whether you may not be taking enough B12 to cover your folate. From what I had read, in various other's posts, B12 dose...
  9. Gretel

Thanks very much, @whodathunkit! I had actually read some of your posts and have felt inspired by the success you've experienced. That's very encouraging and affirming about Carnitine and B2. I appreciate that. I know everyone will be different and with their own convoluted route, but curious...
  10. Gretel

Ok, thanks @Johnmac Sounds promising. Would love to hear when you feel things have stabilized a bit.
  11. Gretel

Yes, it was a bit frustrating. I am feeling much better now though I have mild break-through headache between folate doses. Wow, that's pretty interesting that you had return of old symptoms with carnitine that did not appear at the start of the protocol too! Nice to know there are others out...
  12. Gretel

Potassium burns

Ok, thanks very much for that, Jonathan. I do appreciate all you've said. Good food for thought.
  13. Gretel

Hi junkcrap, Thanks very much for your reply. It's nice of you to share your thoughts. Yes, your dilemma sounds similar! I was thinking of just backing off of Carnitine and allowing things to settle. However, I like your idea of reducing all of the DQ to a manageable, more synergistically equal...
  14. Gretel

Hi @Freddd Just wondering if you had any thoughts on my questions above. I'm new here and started this thread in the wrong place (it was moved) and not sure if you saw it. Thanks for any help you can provide!
  15. Gretel

Potassium burns

Oh, sorry, Mary. I should have made it more clear that I did slowly titrate up on potassium a few months ago and am on quite a lot now. I too don't think I could have continued with folate and B12 without it. I have been monitoring via blood test every 2-3 weeks to keep an eye on things as I...
  16. Gretel

Potassium burns

Thanks very much. My perception is that people here are not supplementing potassium because there's necessarily an innate problem with getting it inside the cells, but more so when they are replenishing there vitamin B levels to compensate for the depletion of K when making new blood cells and...
  17. Gretel

Potassium burns

Hi @jonathanedwards, I appreciate your concern about potassium supplementation. Based on your knowledge, if a person is supplementing with potassium and there is no history of and no signs of heart or kidney or really any other issues on comprehensive blood tests done through a medical doctor...
  18. Gretel

Potassium burns

Hi @ahmo, I like your foot bath idea as well. Do you know more or less how much K you are soaking in each time based on what you were previously taking orally and the lack of need to take it orally anymore? Wondering how much to put in to equate to my oral dose.
  19. Gretel

Hi, I've been reading quite a lot on these forums the past several months but have never posted before. I have really appreciated all the group help and discussion that has been going on here. @Freddd I have found significant benefit from your protocol after trying other approaches to...